Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The TAG thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

The TAG thread

Teams are now free to tag players but this year it seems there may not be that many that are tagged. There is a pretty good list on this link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...l-32-nfl-teams

If the Ravens tag Monroe or Pitta, I think it's only a temporary situation while they work out a long term deal. It would give them some leverage and I see it as most likely being Monroe if they tag anyone at all.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: The TAG thread

Why does everyone say Monroe or pitta, why not Monroe of art jones, who I think is a a better player and would be a better long term investment that pitta

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Why does everyone say Monroe or pitta, why not Monroe of art jones, who I think is a a better player and would be a better long term investment that pitta
    That's a valid point, I'm concerned that Jones will join his brother in NE. Would really be dissapointing to lose him

Blog Entries

I like Art Jones, he seems to have improved every season, but I cannot compare him with Pitta. As of now, DP is Flacco's only "security blanket" and we saw what that meant after Boldin was traded and Pitta was injured last season. IMO AJ is not even on the Ravens radar when it come to the TAG... Bc

Blog Entries
    Agreed, but whats the cap hit to tag DTs?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Agreed, but whats the cap hit to tag DTs?
    Isn't he a DE? DT is $9.2mil and DE is $12.6mil.

TE is $6.8mil.

No freaking way would I tag Arthur Jones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I don't think the Ravens will tag anyone unless it's just a temporary tag on Monroe while they work out a deal.

And the league has got to put some rule in place regarding a TE who plays out of position like Pitta and Jimmy Graham. They're moved to the slot to matchup against LBs and safeties and they're sometimes on the end to match up against a smaller corner, but they're still TEs. One way or the other the league needs to make a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No freaking way would I tag Arthur Jones.

Not even to get a long term deal done? I'd rather have him that pitta, personally. Younger, more room for improvement, hasn't had a serious hip injury. Could easily lose ngata soon

Not even to get a long term deal done? I'd rather have him that pitta, personally. Younger, more room for improvement, hasn't had a serious hip injury. Could easily lose ngata soon
    Nope.

He is not close to as important to this team as Pitta IMHO and especially Monroe.

I think while he is a good, solid player, he is approaching getting overrated on this board.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

There is zero chance we tag Art; he's as good as gone, unfortunately. Monroe is the one to be tagged, if it's needed.

Blog Entries

I dont think they wish to use it on anybody. It most certainly wont be Art Jones though. hes a very good player but he doesnt really excel at that high of a level at anything. Id be happy to have him back, dont get me wrong, but i dont think you can tag him.

Pitta i dont think fits that mold either, though i see why they would consider it.

monroe certainly fits the mold simply because of what they invested, plus his ability. If anyone gets tagged i think its him, but frankly im leaning towards us not using it this year and either signing them before or letting market dictate whether we want to or not.
    -JAB