Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Go home Angelo

Blog Entries

Re: Go home Angelo

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think fantasy football has had a huge impact on the perception of QBs, and to some extent explains the lack of respect that Flacco gets in the media. I think I have been one of the posters who has been harder on Flacco, and even I think that Jerry Angelo is an idiot. I have always felt that Flacco is a very good QB. I have just never been willing to drink enough purple Kool-Aid to call him "elite".
    Fantasy football has had a huge impact on this type of discussion. I remember the Montana vs. Marino debate. Marino had the stats while Montana had the rings. Montana was considered better. Contrast with today, where quarterbacks like Peyton get touted as one of the best despite his (relative) lack of postseason success.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Sticks and stones brother. Since I'm not allowed to say anything negative about Joe without being called a name, what would you like me to say instead so you'll reconsider your position?
    I asked at # 16 to put meat on the bones to open a substantive discussion. Here we are and you only answered HR's comment.

I come to this forum to get credible debate. As I told my kids as they grew up, invite criticism since either (1) you will get a different view of your opinion and consider altering your position, or (2) be affirmed in your view since it survived the debate. To stick out an opinion and not be able to take the provide a foundation other than stats that have never survived challenges does not support civil discourse.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

This ex-gm Angelo is very similar to our Angelos for the O's. Both absolute idiots.