Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Michael Oher meets a fan

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    Exactly. I thought he had so much promise to be one of those difference maker type players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The expectations were really high. Replacing a HOF LT is probably not the best way to start your career. He didn't handle the move to RT very well either. His pride got in the way. I like the person he is off the field, but I doubt he is a Raven in September.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    The expectations were really high. Replacing a HOF LT is probably not the best way to start your career. He didn't handle the move to RT very well either. His pride got in the way. I like the person he is off the field, but I doubt he is a Raven in September.
    I'm sure Cleveland is chomping at the bit to sign him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm sure Cleveland is chomping at the bit to sign him.
    No doubt. LOL!
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Sentiment is the same with me. He is a very good guy and I wish he was that good on the field.

He could be really good in Kubiak's scheme but I don't think we'll ever find out.

Great story. I think the time is right for a change of scenery, but I wish Michael Oher well.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Very nice story.

I don't care how good of a football player he is...were we to all be so fortunate to have that kind of impact on someone's life.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I was at a BWWs not too long ago, and the "favorite team" convo came up with our waitress. Ofcourse it ended up that it was the Steelers. I said something about being a Ravens fan and she laughed and said she doesnt hate the Ravens or their fans... just their players :insane:. She suggested they were "thugs" or just bad people in general. Not the first time ive heard it but this also isnt the first time im hearing a story about how one of our players is even a better person than a player. I know the Ravens arent the only ones with stories like this, but i do love hearing them as often as I do.
    Last year I got into with a guy (outside of our church, no less!!!)...he's a Steeler fan who lives in Baltimore and said half the people on his street are Steeler fans because "Ray Lewis is a murderer." The way he said, or the way he said it to infer he didn't know, much less care about, the actual facts of the Lewis' trial just set me off...I guess it is because I think that in the 10 years that Bisciotti has been the owner, and definitely in the 6 years that Harbaugh has been the coach, the Ravens have worked extremely hard at acquiring football players that the community can take pride in. And it really pisses me off when fans around the league just brush all that off with the "thug" comment. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but that one does for whatever reason.

One way I have found to cope with the innuendo and smear-campaign is with facts: http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/

Search on the Ravens and you will find that they have averaged about 1 criminal incident a year...and by-and-large those incidents have been of the non-violent type (yes, I know, drunk driving can kill people, too).

Search on the Steelers and you will find that they have had almost twice as many incidents in that same time period...and some of the more violent kinds (domestic assualt, battery, etc.). And that list does not include one very high-profile case of alleged rape (due to the fact that the DA did not find probable cause to bring charges that resulted in an arrest).

Granted, just getting arrested does not equal guilt of the crime, but the arrest is usually what garners the media attention and feed the "thug" perception. Facts that come out later - such as in the Lewis trial - are usually ignored and/or forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I was at a BWWs not too long ago, and the "favorite team" convo came up with our waitress. Ofcourse it ended up that it was the Steelers. I said something about being a Ravens fan and she laughed and said she doesnt hate the Ravens or their fans... just their players :insane:. She suggested they were "thugs" or just bad people in general. Not the first time ive heard it but this also isnt the first time im hearing a story about how one of our players is even a better person than a player. I know the Ravens arent the only ones with stories like this, but i do love hearing them as often as I do.
    My response would have been Roethlisberger cough, cough.