Thread: 2014 Schedule

2014 Schedule

The Ravens 2014 Schedule is the 28th ranked in the NFL with opponents having a combined .461 win percentage in 2013. I know that things are obviously going to change between now and Week 1 but it means that the Ravens aren't going to have to face a murderer's row of opponents for once.

Re: 2014 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    The Ravens 2014 Schedule is the 28th ranked in the NFL with opponents having a combined .461 win percentage in 2013. I know that things are obviously going to change between now and Week 1 but it means that the Ravens aren't going to have to face a murderer's row of opponents for once.
    How do you know that? What if we have to play Carolina, New Orleans, Indy & Pittsburgh consecutively? That's not murder's row?

Blog Entries

Those strength of schedule numbers aren't worth much more than power rankings or opinion polls. A team can turn over a lot of roster and coaches in one year so what they did last year is less relevant.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It won't matter unless we upgrade the offensive line and acquire more offensive playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Those strength of schedule numbers aren't worth much more than power rankings or opinion polls. A team can turn over a lot of roster and coaches in one year so what they did last year is less relevant.
    This.

Agree with most of the responses while it sounds good, I generally feel its worthless info at this point.

Strength of schedule is largely nonsense in the salary cap era, especially when 2 of the teams that bring ours down so much are the Texans and Falcons- I just can't see either being so epically bad this year.

At this stage of the year the only thing concerning the schedule I care about is which games I may plan for my away game(s). I have to wait until the dates are set to finalize anything, but at least I can target some city/cities of interest. The Ravens will play who they play when they play them, and each team will be as strong as they are at that particular day.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    At this stage of the year the only thing concerning the schedule I care about is which games I may plan for my away game(s). I have to wait until the dates are set to finalize anything, but at least I can target some city/cities of interest. The Ravens will play who they play when they play them, and each team will be as strong as they are at that particular day.
    Nothing to plan. Any year they are playing in New Orleans, you go to New Orleans. Simple.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Nothing to plan. Any year they are playing in New Orleans, you go to New Orleans. Simple.
    Man, you got that right. It's probably my favorite city. Fun, uncommon food, great music, Abita beer, got the Mississippi running through it, and good weather. If any of you guys have never been there, you're missing out big time. So, go already... Bc

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: 2014 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Agreed. As long as the NOLA date is not my daughter's wedding or possibly Christmas week, that is our road trip.

If for some reason that date doesn't work, Key West and Miami would be a worthy second choice.
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 02-11-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Man, you got that right. It's probably my favorite city. Fun, uncommon food, great music, Abita beer, got the Mississippi running through it, and good weather. If any of you guys have never been there, you're missing out big time. So, go already... Bc
    You got that right. And venture outside of the French Quarter. It's a fabulous town.