Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: BREAKING: Michael Sam is gay

If the kid can play football - I don't care about the other balls he plays with - that is his business, not ours.

Blog Entries

WNST noted that Ravens have had contact with Michael Sam...but remember, the Ravens pretty much talked to EVERY player at the Senior Bowl, so...

Ravens seem like one of the teams who would handle the situation best, given the Front Office and coaching staff.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think we all know there are gay players and in today's society why not just come out with it. especially when the rumors were starting. Let his play on the field and conduct off the field speak for themselves
    This.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I just hope his gay ass turns out to be a steal for us.

As many others have said, if we draft him my only concern is it being a distraction. I don't think the players (as a whole) will care, but the media is going to be annoying.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    They do let straight people in gay bars. You don't have to show your gay ID to get in.

"Gay ID". Classic.

I don't understand why this is news. I don't care what the guy does in his bedroom, and it's none of my business. All I care about is if he can play.

I think this will go one if two ways. He gets overdrafted by a team in a small market(Jacksonville) or struggling(Cleveland) in order to get more national exposure. It could also go that he doesn't get drafted at all and signs as a udfa which would kill the hype. I think the kid is a good football player and commend him for coming out. It's refreshing to see someone so comfortable in their own shoes. I think he'll go undrafted and there won't be much of a story. If the ravens somehow get him I think the front office will control the media and let Sam do it his own way. What I would like to happen is him go to a team like Dallas or Houston and become a super star. What would all the bigot rednecks say then if a black gay guy is leading their team? Just a thought I think he did a lot of good.

bound to happen. If he wanted to publicly acknowledge his boyfriend or marry him and not tell folks straight up first, the media would probably have sniffed it out and made a circus anyway.

Blog Entries

I'd love for him to be a Raven. Talk about overcoming adversity.

I really don't care how he takes his tea. He is a good pass rusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

I'm just annoyed that it's a big deal. It shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'm just annoyed that it's a big deal. It shouldn't matter.

Sorry, but since there are still intolerant bigots left in this country, it will be a big deal. Why does it annoy you so much?

Fully support Sam and I wish him nothing but success.

But can we get the guy some orthodontic work? Yikes. Them teeth are in business for themselves.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Sorry, but since there are still intolerant bigots left in this country, it will be a big deal. Why does it annoy you so much?
    Because I have a relative that is gay, and I have to deal with said intolerant bigots. Hopefully one day it won't be such a big deal.

I hope Sam catches on with a team. I'd be all for the Ravens drafting him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Fully support Sam and I wish him nothing but success.

But can we get the guy some orthodontic work? Yikes. Them teeth are in business for themselves.

Looks like dude has been chewing rocks all his life.