Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BREAKING: Michael Sam is gay

DE/OLB prospect for Missou who is draft eligible has now come out publicly. Very good player too; 1st team all American & SEC defensive player of the year. Will be first NFL active player who has come out.

Discuss.
    Last edited by rayvensfan52; 02-09-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: BREAKING: Michael Sam is gay

Ballsy. Somebody had to start it.

All I care about is if he plays like a raven if we draft him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Ballsy. Somebody had to start it.

All I care about is if he plays like a raven if we draft him.
    Not trying to be a homophobic but if I were Ozzie I would not draft him. He would be a huge distraction to our team. And I don't know how comfortable our players would be with him in the locker room. Congrats to him though on coming out, I'm sure it's not easy to do, especially when your about to get drafted.

Not a fan though

Robert Klemko ‏@RobertKlemko
    Sam ran hills with J. Collins on Fri. Dinner with Wade Davis, Kluwe, Brendon, Billy Bean last night. Hit gay bar. Sung 'My Girl' in karaoke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rayvensfan52 View Post
    Robert Klemko ‏@RobertKlemko
    Sam ran hills with J. Collins on Fri. Dinner with Wade Davis, Kluwe, Brendon, Billy Bean last night. Hit gay bar. Sung 'My Girl' in karaoke.
    I assume our former Brendon. What the hell is brendons deal? He has kids and a wife right? But then lives life as a gay dude? Bi?
    I don't get him.

Not that it matters. Just confuses me.

I assume our former Brendon. What the hell is brendons deal? He has kids and a wife right? But then lives life as a gay dude? Bi?
    I don't get him.

He's bi.

As long as Ritchie incognito isn't on the same team as Sam, he'll be alright. SMH

I don't get him.

They do let straight people in gay bars. You don't have to show your gay ID to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens47 View Post
    Not trying to be a homophobic but if I were Ozzie I would not draft him. He would be a huge distraction to our team. And I don't know how comfortable our players would be with him in the locker room. Congrats to him though on coming out, I'm sure it's not easy to do, especially when your about to get drafted.

Not a fan though
    You might not be "trying" to be homophobic, but you seem to be projecting homophobia onto others. Why shouldn't the Ravens draft this talented young man? I don't buy the "distraction" angle. The Ravens, like any other functional organization, have to deal with employees of all different shapes, sizes, etc. and being gay is a lot less problematic than being a drug-addled criminal, like a lot of NFL players are.

The reality is that the NFL is already full of gay players, just like the world has always been full of gay people. The only difference is that now they can be who they are without (for the most part) being subject to violence and indiscriminate hatred.

How will news that Michael Sam is gay affect NFL draft his stock?

"I don't think football is ready for it just yet," said an NFL player personnel assistant. "In the coming decade or two, it's going to be acceptable, but at this point in time it's still a man's man game. To call somebody a [gay slur] is still so commonplace. It'd chemically imbalance an NFL locker room and meeting room."
    One former NFL general manager described how Sam's future could play out in the draft room. He said when a team is getting in position to make a pick, there's typically a declaration in the draft room that they're nine slots from choosing and will pick from six different players, or five spots away and choose from three players.

If Sam is among that group of players, the potential distraction of his presence -- both in the media and the locker room -- could prevent him from being selected.

"That will break a tie against that player," he said. "Every time. Unless he's Superman. Why? Not that they're against gay people. It's more that some players are going to look at you upside down. Every Tom, Dick and Harry in the media is going to show up, from Good Housekeeping to the Today Show. A general manager is going to ask, 'Why are we going to do that to ourselves?'"
    The former general manager said that it would take an NFL franchise with a strong owner, savvy general manager and veteran coach to make it work. He rattled off franchises like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, San Francisco, Baltimore and Indianapolis as destinations where that could happen. He said that a team with a rookie head coach would not be an ideal destination. "This plays better in Green Bay," he said, "that it does in New York."

Blog Entries

To be honest, I feel sorry for the guy. He is not going to have an easy time. In front of the cameras, yes. Everywhere else, no. And I blame the "gay movement." In the past, whatever your business was, it was your own business. Homossexuals could lead their lives privately and without fuss. Now they feel pressured to shout to the four winds what their personal life is. This "gay movement" benefits only a minority, the ones who use it to get power and publicity, while it hurts the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    To be honest, I feel sorry for the guy. He is not going to have an easy time. In front of the cameras, yes. Everywhere else, no. And I blame the "gay movement." In the past, whatever your business was, it was your own business. Homossexuals could lead their lives privately and without fuss. Now they feel pressured to shout to the four winds what their personal life is. This "gay movement" benefits only a minority, the ones who use it to get power and publicity, while it hurts the majority.
    You're kidding right?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron