Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: BREAKING: Michael Sam is gay

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    They do let straight people in gay bars. You don't have to show your gay ID to get in.
    Yeah but come on. I don't want to stereotype brendon, but it seems clear he is at least bi.

The weird thing is I guess he and his wife have an open understanding? Whatever.

All I care about is how players run, jump, learn etc. and their work ethic. Just win.

How will news that Michael Sam is gay affect NFL draft his stock?

"I don't think football is ready for it just yet," said an NFL player personnel assistant. "In the coming decade or two, it's going to be acceptable, but at this point in time it's still a man's man game. To call somebody a [gay slur] is still so commonplace. It'd chemically imbalance an NFL locker room and meeting room."
    One former NFL general manager described how Sam's future could play out in the draft room. He said when a team is getting in position to make a pick, there's typically a declaration in the draft room that they're nine slots from choosing and will pick from six different players, or five spots away and choose from three players.

If Sam is among that group of players, the potential distraction of his presence -- both in the media and the locker room -- could prevent him from being selected.

"That will break a tie against that player," he said. "Every time. Unless he's Superman. Why? Not that they're against gay people. It's more that some players are going to look at you upside down. Every Tom, Dick and Harry in the media is going to show up, from Good Housekeeping to the Today Show. A general manager is going to ask, 'Why are we going to do that to ourselves?'"
    The former general manager said that it would take an NFL franchise with a strong owner, savvy general manager and veteran coach to make it work. He rattled off franchises like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, San Francisco, Baltimore and Indianapolis as destinations where that could happen. He said that a team with a rookie head coach would not be an ideal destination. "This plays better in Green Bay," he said, "that it does in New York."

This makes me happy. Progress! Proud of this man. Sadly, I'm sure the uneducated trolls will spew hate on social media soon.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Yeah but come on. I don't want to stereotype brendon, but it seems clear he is at least bi.

The weird thing is I guess he and his wife have an open understanding? Whatever.
    It's clear he's bi because he goes to gay bars?

I have no doubt that this will cost him a higher draft position and therefore some money. There are just too many potential distractions (being the first) that a lot of coaches and GMs just are not going to want to deal with. It takes a lot of courage for him to come out, and good for him. It was eventually going to happen, but like all changes acceptance doesn't occur overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Haha right? I'he been to strip clubs (with females) and had fun...does this make me bi? No!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

WOW! This made my day! Way to be yourself Michael Sam!

Blog Entries

Wonder how soon this will end up in the Politics forum.. (EDIT - Ah, missed the whole "Moved" part on this)

Good for him. I admit, I do think a lot of GMs will have to take extra consideration when drafting him. It is a locker room issue, whether we want it to be or not. That said, I'd like to think a lot of locker rooms are accepting of that, as a lot of America is becoming tolerant and understanding that just because a man is gay, does not mean that man will press himself on you and make unwelcome advances towards you.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yeah, while I do think Brendon's rhetoric on the homosexuality issues can be a little overbearing, I think the whole "he must be gay" thing is even more overblown. Straight guys with families can support gay rights, hang out with homosexual and heterosexual people, and not do it "because they must be gay"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

To be honest, I feel sorry for the guy. He is not going to have an easy time. In front of the cameras, yes. Everywhere else, no. And I blame the "gay movement." In the past, whatever your business was, it was your own business. Homossexuals could lead their lives privately and without fuss. Now they feel pressured to shout to the four winds what their personal life is. This "gay movement" benefits only a minority, the ones who use it to get power and publicity, while it hurts the majority.

Blog Entries

Facepalm at those of you insisting that Brendon Ayanbadejo must be gay or bi. Not all civil rights activists in the 50s and 60s were people of color. Some anti apartheid activists in South Africa were white, etc.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    To be honest, I feel sorry for the guy. He is not going to have an easy time. In front of the cameras, yes. Everywhere else, no. And I blame the "gay movement." In the past, whatever your business was, it was your own business. Homossexuals could lead their lives privately and without fuss. Now they feel pressured to shout to the four winds what their personal life is. This "gay movement" benefits only a minority, the ones who use it to get power and publicity, while it hurts the majority.
    You're kidding right?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron