Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: BREAKING: Michael Sam is gay

I don't understand why this is news. I don't care what the guy does in his bedroom, and it's none of my business. All I care about is if he can play.

I think this will go one if two ways. He gets overdrafted by a team in a small market(Jacksonville) or struggling(Cleveland) in order to get more national exposure. It could also go that he doesn't get drafted at all and signs as a udfa which would kill the hype. I think the kid is a good football player and commend him for coming out. It's refreshing to see someone so comfortable in their own shoes. I think he'll go undrafted and there won't be much of a story. If the ravens somehow get him I think the front office will control the media and let Sam do it his own way. What I would like to happen is him go to a team like Dallas or Houston and become a super star. What would all the bigot rednecks say then if a black gay guy is leading their team? Just a thought I think he did a lot of good.

bound to happen. If he wanted to publicly acknowledge his boyfriend or marry him and not tell folks straight up first, the media would probably have sniffed it out and made a circus anyway.

Blog Entries

I'd love for him to be a Raven. Talk about overcoming adversity.

I really don't care how he takes his tea. He is a good pass rusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I'm just annoyed that it's a big deal. It shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'm just annoyed that it's a big deal. It shouldn't matter.

Sorry, but since there are still intolerant bigots left in this country, it will be a big deal. Why does it annoy you so much?

Fully support Sam and I wish him nothing but success.

But can we get the guy some orthodontic work? Yikes. Them teeth are in business for themselves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Sorry, but since there are still intolerant bigots left in this country, it will be a big deal. Why does it annoy you so much?
    Because I have a relative that is gay, and I have to deal with said intolerant bigots. Hopefully one day it won't be such a big deal.

I hope Sam catches on with a team. I'd be all for the Ravens drafting him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Fully support Sam and I wish him nothing but success.

But can we get the guy some orthodontic work? Yikes. Them teeth are in business for themselves.

Looks like dude has been chewing rocks all his life.

Blog Entries

Well, he isn't going to be over-drafted. He was likely a late round pick before; and is going to likely be late round or udfa now. No team is going to be jumping at the opportunity to take on this attention for a player who is likely to be just an average prospect. The word on the street is that his sexuality was about to become public knowledge, so he outed himself to he could have some control over story - sort of like Neal Patrick Harris. All the power to him. I wish him the best of luck. I hope his locker room is ready for it, and it may be. 22-23 year olds look at this stuff very differently now than they did 10 years ago. Here's to hoping that the stronger personalities in his locker room are the types who don't care, and not ignorant jerks.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Because I have a relative that is gay, and I have to deal with said intolerant bigots. Hopefully one day it won't be such a big deal.

I hope Sam catches on with a team. I'd be all for the Ravens drafting him.
    I think the point is, it's going to take a couple guys making a deal out of it for the intolerant bigots to realize a gay football player is no different than any other football player.

Vinny and Rob were talking about how this guy obviously was expecting to make a deal out of this because they prepared for 2 days over it. Te'o didn't think anyone would make a deal over the fake girlfriend thing, but then it came out apart from his admission, and how did that look for him? Egg on his face for weeks.

This way, he comes out, says his piece, gets the hype out of it now, IMO. By draft time, it'll probably just be a footnote.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Well, he isn't going to be over-drafted. He was likely a late round pick before; and is going to likely be late round or udfa now. No team is going to be jumping at the opportunity to take on this attention for a player who is likely to be just an average prospect. The word on the street is that his sexuality was about to become public knowledge, so he outed himself to he could have some control over story - sort of like Neal Patrick Harris. All the power to him. I wish him the best of luck. I hope his locker room is ready for it, and it may be. 22-23 year olds look at this stuff very differently now than they did 10 years ago. Here's to hoping that the stronger personalities in his locker room are the types who don't care, and not ignorant jerks.
    He came out to his team back in August. He simply wanted to control the message prior to the draft. He wasn't concerned about being outed.