Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: BREAKING: Michael Sam is gay

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I have no doubt that this will cost him a higher draft position and therefore some money. There are just too many potential distractions (being the first) that a lot of coaches and GMs just are not going to want to deal with. It takes a lot of courage for him to come out, and good for him. It was eventually going to happen, but like all changes acceptance doesn't occur overnight.
    I think he should have waited. Thinking only from the prospective of finances. NFL careers are short, guys have to make all the money that they can while they can. You really cant afford to have anything make that draft stock dip, when you are middle to fringe player. I hope he doesnt because I would like to think we have become more accepting of others as a society but I wouldnt be surprised if he just committed career suicide and goes undrafted.

With that said if a guy like Clowney made this announcement, I would expect him to still be a 1st round pick because the reward of his talent out weighs the distraction that he would create.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    To be honest, I feel sorry for the guy. He is not going to have an easy time. In front of the cameras, yes. Everywhere else, no. And I blame the "gay movement." In the past, whatever your business was, it was your own business. Homossexuals could lead their lives privately and without fuss. Now they feel pressured to shout to the four winds what their personal life is. This "gay movement" benefits only a minority, the ones who use it to get power and publicity, while it hurts the majority.
    Disagree...see last year, Chris Culliver coming out during SB week and saying he wuldn't want a gay man on the same team with him.

This whole "in the past, your business was your business" is what led to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" in my opinion. Basically, you're telling a homosexual man "just pretend to be straight so we don't have any issues".

No one is saying they want to flaunt it to anyone. They just want to be able to share details of their life without fear of a situation where they'll be ridiculed or shunned. I don't see anyone using it for a power trip.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's clear he's bi because he goes to gay bars?

Yeah but come on. I don't want to stereotype brendon, but it seems clear he is at least bi.
    Oh. My. God.

Brendon is bi because of his politics? Hardly. First of all, if he is bi, it's none of my business, but second of all, I've never seen any report indicating he is. Did you have to be black to march for civil rights? Did you have to be a woman to fight for women's suffrage?

Maybe the dude just cares about justice: "I've always been concerned with issues that America is involved in and how to help make America better for our kids."

From the same article, by the way, an illustration of how awesome the Ravens organization is, compared to others: Asked about whether his departure from the Ravens, and Chris Kluwe's departure from the Vikings, might have been motivated by their cause, Brendon responded that "Kluwe's arguably the best punter in Vikings history, so it just doesn't make sense that you'd let go of a guy of that caliber. For me, the Ravens connected me with all of these different advocacy groups." He has *always* bled the purple and black. Good guy, I'm glad he played for my team.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post

Oh. My. God.

Brendon is bi because of his politics? Hardly. First of all, if he is bi, it's none of my business, but second of all, I've never seen any report indicating he is. Did you have to be black to march for civil rights? Did you have to be a woman to fight for women's suffrage?

Maybe the dude just cares about justice: "I've always been concerned with issues that America is involved in and how to help make America better for our kids."

From the same article, by the way, an illustration of how awesome the Ravens organization is, compared to others: Asked about whether his departure from the Ravens, and Chris Kluwe's departure from the Vikings, might have been motivated by their cause, Brendon responded that "Kluwe's arguably the best punter in Vikings history, so it just doesn't make sense that you'd let go of a guy of that caliber. For me, the Ravens connected me with all of these different advocacy groups." He has *always* bled the purple and black. Good guy, I'm glad he played for my team.
    Not to mention the Ravens publicly supported him when that douche from Baltimore County asked the team to stomp on his right to freedom of speech.

Blog Entries

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...m-draft-stock/

Sounds like before this came out...1) he was a bit of a question mark prospect anyway and 2) most teams pretty much knew this already.

So knowing that, this could HUGELY impact his status. If he would've been say a 5th round pick before, this could drop him back to UDFA even.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

I think we all know there are gay players and in today's society why not just come out with it. especially when the rumors were starting. Let his play on the field and conduct off the field speak for themselves

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If the kid can play football - I don't care about the other balls he plays with - that is his business, not ours.

Blog Entries

WNST noted that Ravens have had contact with Michael Sam...but remember, the Ravens pretty much talked to EVERY player at the Senior Bowl, so...

Ravens seem like one of the teams who would handle the situation best, given the Front Office and coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think we all know there are gay players and in today's society why not just come out with it. especially when the rumors were starting. Let his play on the field and conduct off the field speak for themselves
    This.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I just hope his gay ass turns out to be a steal for us.

As many others have said, if we draft him my only concern is it being a distraction. I don't think the players (as a whole) will care, but the media is going to be annoying.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    They do let straight people in gay bars. You don't have to show your gay ID to get in.

"Gay ID". Classic. :D