Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

BREAKING: Michael Sam is gay

DE/OLB prospect for Missou who is draft eligible has now come out publicly. Very good player too; 1st team all American & SEC defensive player of the year. Will be first NFL active player who has come out.

Discuss.
    Last edited by rayvensfan52; 02-09-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: BREAKING: Michael Sam is gay

Ballsy. Somebody had to start it.

All I care about is if he plays like a raven if we draft him.

This . . . will be interesting. Good for him. I am sure people will say and do the right things, and I think both (a) it's a big deal, and (b) it will, in his draft and career, go more quietly than some people would expect.

So, good for him, now we wait. Optimistically. :)

edit: As an OLB, Michael Sam is both the "Mike" and the "Sam."
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Better story than freakin Teo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Ballsy. Somebody had to start it.

All I care about is if he plays like a raven if we draft him.
    Not trying to be a homophobic but if I were Ozzie I would not draft him. He would be a huge distraction to our team. And I don't know how comfortable our players would be with him in the locker room. Congrats to him though on coming out, I'm sure it's not easy to do, especially when your about to get drafted.

Not a fan though

Robert Klemko ‏@RobertKlemko
    Sam ran hills with J. Collins on Fri. Dinner with Wade Davis, Kluwe, Brendon, Billy Bean last night. Hit gay bar. Sung 'My Girl' in karaoke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rayvensfan52 View Post
    Robert Klemko ‏@RobertKlemko
    Sam ran hills with J. Collins on Fri. Dinner with Wade Davis, Kluwe, Brendon, Billy Bean last night. Hit gay bar. Sung 'My Girl' in karaoke.
    I assume our former Brendon. What the hell is brendons deal? He has kids and a wife right? But then lives life as a gay dude? Bi?
    I don't get him.

Not that it matters. Just confuses me.

I assume our former Brendon. What the hell is brendons deal? He has kids and a wife right? But then lives life as a gay dude? Bi?
    I don't get him.

He's bi.

As long as Ritchie incognito isn't on the same team as Sam, he'll be alright. SMH

I don't get him.

They do let straight people in gay bars. You don't have to show your gay ID to get in.

All I care about is him playing football

Quote Originally Posted by ravens47 View Post
    Not trying to be a homophobic but if I were Ozzie I would not draft him. He would be a huge distraction to our team. And I don't know how comfortable our players would be with him in the locker room. Congrats to him though on coming out, I'm sure it's not easy to do, especially when your about to get drafted.

Not a fan though
    You might not be "trying" to be homophobic, but you seem to be projecting homophobia onto others. Why shouldn't the Ravens draft this talented young man? I don't buy the "distraction" angle. The Ravens, like any other functional organization, have to deal with employees of all different shapes, sizes, etc. and being gay is a lot less problematic than being a drug-addled criminal, like a lot of NFL players are.

The reality is that the NFL is already full of gay players, just like the world has always been full of gay people. The only difference is that now they can be who they are without (for the most part) being subject to violence and indiscriminate hatred.