Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

RAVENS to dump Sam KOCH?

I found this on another board from Jamison Hensely who predicts Ravens might release Koch as CAP hit to save $1.6M. He had an off year but as poster says, he often punted from his own end zone.

Does anyone agree with this? Someone posted here, I think, that Ravens scouts were looking at punters all over the country which is how they found Koch and gave him a workout.

Jamison Hensley reporting that the Ravens plan on dumping Kock. Saying that 22nd in net average 13th for punts inside the 20. (I bet he would have done better if he wasn't kicking out of his own endzone all the time). Says they will save 1.6mil on the cap. Looks like they need more Flaco money.

Re: RAVENS to dump Sam KOCH?

Yes. I like that he's stronger than most punters and isn't scared to tackle someone, but punters shouldn't be getting paid more than the veterans minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Yea, Tom Matte would agree with you. He always went so far as to say kickers aren't even football players but did you read that article about the kid with no arms who wants to try out for the Ravens as a kicker? A guy won gold medal in olympics
    on artificial legs but no arms? Sometime kickers have to make tackles when the return guy gets by everyone but it's a great story.

Blog Entries

Posters here have been talking about Koch being a cap casualty since the middle of last year. Koch, Suggs and McClain are on everyones list of potential cuts. Hensley isn't exactly breaking any new ground with this.

Blog Entries

He had some great years but it's time to move on. Too much $ for a punter when you're planning to have an offense that never stalls

:ww:

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

While a punter sure can lose you a game, there are plenty others out there far cheaper. Use a late round pick even. To save 1.6M its a smart cut and has been on everyones list.

Water is wet too

If Sam had been playing like he usually plays, it'd be a tough decision, but since he slipped a little bit, and we're so strapped, I think he's gone. Would he come back for vet min? I'm not sure the Ravens would even consider it given the cap. I bet they burn 6th or sign an UDFA.

It's not going to matter. Kubiak is going to rev the offense into such high gear that the Ravens won't have to punt all year.

You can find a udfa to do what he did this past year. Who cares kicking out if your own end zone, if your a pro your a pro. Point is he was above average for so long we expected him to play at a certain level. Either he's declining or couldn't handle the pressure. With that said I will say his safety in our last Super Bowl was a huge play and took extra seconds off the clock but thanks for your service time to move on

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    It's not going to matter. Kubiak is going to rev the offense into such high gear that the Ravens won't have to punt all year.
    LOL...that reminds me of what Warren Spahn once said (paraphrasing)...when asked if his high leg kick would allow more runners to steal bases, he replied, "I just won't let anyone get on base." Pretty close... Bc

Punters do little more than get in the returners way anyway

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yea, Tom Matte would agree with you. He always went so far as to say kickers aren't even football players but did you read that article about the kid with no arms who wants to try out for the Ravens as a kicker? A guy won gold medal in olympics
    on artificial legs but no arms? Sometime kickers have to make tackles when the return guy gets by everyone but it's a great story.