Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Raven's Season a bust?

i predicted us at 10 or 11 wins and making the playoffs.

we did neither, and the goal is always to make the playoffs.

I dont know how it can be deemed a success unless the thought was we werent going to be contenders. Going to have a hard time telling anybody in the FO or on the team that wasnt under the impression this team would be competing.

might be semantics involved. 8-8 is not good, but it could have been worse. so if its being used in the sense of not successful than my position remains. If its being used as complete failure than id probably have to adjust. we werent the Texans, a playoff team and preseason contender that ends up with 2 wins. Thats a complete failure.
    -JAB

Why do I think the OP is trying to pimp his own site? Could it be the three links he's posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Z View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I just wanted to see the response to the question. I do not think the season was a bust for many reasons. The people here that do consider the season a bust only look at the surface. This was a competitive team that was missing a little "oomph" when it needed it the most. They were one hip injury away from being a playoff team.
    Or a knee injury...

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    MIke-
    Thanks for the response. I can agree that the Ravens may have made the playoffs had Rice been completely healthy, but even had they made it, I suspect they would not have gone very deep due to too many other "warts".
    Actually I meant Pitta, not Rice. I agree to that they would probably not have made it past round 2. But then again, it has been proven that when you make it their, strange things can happen.

Nope. Just linking to a more detailed answer.

Blog Entries

Worse offense in the history of the universe - I'd call this past season other things but a nice way to say it is bust.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!