Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Will we ever see a Super Bowl shutout?

The worst thing is this game COULD have been a shutout. That TD drive the broncos went on - it seemed Seattle had let up and gone into pseudo-prevent mode. So close...would have been nice if they had as it would have been the frosting on the "holy shit watch the Broncos fucking crumble" cake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Bc - let me suggest ...
    In 2065 (or perhaps a lot sooner) the Jaguars are still the Jaguars but they represent the auto manufacturer. That year, the city of Sydney paid one billion dollars for the privilege of hosting (leasing) the team.
    C C, I believe you're correct. They've already started :

http://www.leasetrader.com/Jaguar.xhtml

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    C C, I believe you're correct. They've already started :

http://www.leasetrader.com/Jaguar.xhtml

... Bc
    My tongue-in-cheek humor is derived from a speculation about where the NFL could be headed - and it isn't pretty. Teams would represent corporations instead of communities. The Detroit Lions become the Ford Lions. The New England Patriots become the Kraft Patriots. The Seattle Seahawks become the Microsoft Seahawks. Ad nauseum.
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 02-05-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    My tongue-in-cheek humor is derived from a speculation about where the NFL could be headed - and it isn't pretty. Teams would represent corporations instead of communities. The Detroit Lions become the Ford Lions. The New England Patriots become the Kraft Patriots. The Seattle Seahawks become the Microsoft Seahawks. Ad nauseum.
    Sad, but true. There will probably come a day where the uniforms will have advertising on them too. Ravens helmets have "EAT AT" on one side, and "JIMMY'S SEAFOOD" on the other... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    The worst thing is this game COULD have been a shutout. That TD drive the broncos went on - it seemed Seattle had let up and gone into pseudo-prevent mode. So close...would have been nice if they had as it would have been the frosting on the "holy shit watch the Broncos fucking crumble" cake.
    Yes, that drive, I recall where there were three big Seattle mistakes.
    First there was a PI on 3rd and long or the Broncos punt right there.
    The second was a DB letting Welker go when it was apparent he should have stayed with him.
    And the third when Chancellor ran into one of his fellow DBs knocking him off, leaving Welker wide open again. Those three plays, I believe gained a total of about 55 yards.