Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray Rice 'talks' about struggling through his hip injury

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Thought Flacco had more yards per carry ,LOL. Coming out of the season and during the season, Ray was a non-factor for the Ravens. His inability to produce the runs he used to have caused many problems. Yea, the oline was bad, but Ray fell down without being touched and couldn't break a tackle to save his life. Hope he comes back, but why waste a whole season on him, hoping, he'll return to the great RB he used to be. Don't waste a spot, get someone else in there.
    So you want to cut Rice and put $14.25 million of dead money against the cap so you don't waste a spot? That's the cost of moving Rice and it doesn't even include the amount you would have to pay his replacement. The Ravens are stuck with Rice on the roster. That doesn't mean they have to start him but they can't take that roster spot back.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    So you want to cut Rice and put $14.25 million of dead money against the cap so you don't waste a spot? That's the cost of moving Rice and it doesn't even include the amount you would have to pay his replacement. The Ravens are stuck with Rice on the roster. That doesn't mean they have to start him but they can't take that roster spot back.
    The sad thing is...it will hurt them more cap wise to cut him in 2015 as well. $9.5mil in dead money vs. a $7.75mil cap hit.

All for a RB that falls over like Curtis Dickey when he sees a defender coming.

Jesus Christ, how soon we forget things like 4th and 29 and all the good things he's done for this team on and off the field. If he had a line worth a fuck he probably would've gone for another .5 ypc, and while 3.6 isn't good, it would still look a lot better than 3.1. He had a down year for a number of reasons, shitty line, injury, and as Harbs said, probably carrying too much weight. He can address the latter, and that's on him. Hopefully the injury takes care of itself, and it's up to Ozzie, Harbs, and company to address the o-line.

I believe Ray Rice is not done and can rebound from last season.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Jesus Christ, how soon we forget things like 4th and 29 and all the good things he's done for this team on and off the field. If he had a line worth a fuck he probably would've gone for another .5 ypc, and while 3.6 isn't good, it would still look a lot better than 3.1. He had a down year for a number of reasons, shitty line, injury, and as Harbs said, probably carrying too much weight. He can address the latter, and that's on him. Hopefully the injury takes care of itself, and it's up to Ozzie, Harbs, and company to address the o-line.

Like your optimism.

Thank you. I really don't know what people have been sniffing in this thread. Ray's been an asset on and off the field throughout his career. He has one bad season for a multitude of reasons and people want to send him to the glue factory. Get a grip. Give him an offseason to focus, heal up, and return to form. If he crashes next year, then you can reassess.
    "The Ravens could employ a war criminal and they would treat him like a f**king prince just because the rest of the world disapproved."

Blog Entries

I am also in your camp here. Maybe with Kubiak @ OC, the running game will get back to where it was a couple seasons ago. I won't give up on RR so soon. Perhaps in 2013 he had the Super Bowl XLVII hangover. I'm somewhat confident that he will return to his former self in 2014... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I am also in your camp here. Maybe with Kubiak @ OC, the running game will get back to where it was a couple seasons ago. I won't give up on RR so soon. Perhaps in 2013 he had the Super Bowl XLVII hangover. I'm somewhat confident that he will return to his former self in 2014... Bc
    i am also confident he will return to the old ray, but without an o line he won't do shit. he is not the kind of running back that breaks tackles and doesn't need to rely on the o line as much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens47 View Post
    i am also confident he will return to the old ray, but without an o line he won't do shit. he is not the kind of running back that breaks tackles and doesn't need to rely on the o line as much.
    Interesting point...but I think Ozzie will take care of the Oline (after the 2013 debacle). Just wait and see... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Interesting point...but I think Ozzie will take care of the Oline (after the 2013 debacle). Just wait and see... Bc
    lets hope your right