Psst....One year ago today....

We were on top of the world.

I was thinking about this yesterday before the game given that I had no major vested interest in the outcome of this year's Super Bowl....but on a scale of 1 to 10, how excruciatingly maddening was having to watch the Ravens defend against the 49ers final four downs on the goal line, not knowing if we'd hold them off or not?

It had to be a 10 for me. Those final two minutes felt like two hours. Even worse was the timeout that the 49ers took in between downs and the commercial break, and they played this commercial featuring Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd that just went on and on and on and on. And to this day I don't have a clue as to what they were supposed to be advertising, I just wanted it to be over. I was literally a foot in front of my television pulling on my hair. Probably the most suspenseful thing I've ever watched in all of my years following sports.

But after holding them off on that final down, and the clever safety strategy, and stopping them on the kickoff return as time expired, was it ever worth it!

Oh, was it ever worth it!

What a great day! Let's hope we'll get to relive something similar very soon.

Re: Psst....One year ago today....

During yesterday's Super Bowl broadcast, I found myself often thinking back to last year. When Percy Harvin returned the 2nd half kickoff for a TD to put Seattle even further ahead, I said something like, "It's Jacoby Jones all over again", thinking, of course, about last year's 2nd half KO return.

Unlike last year, though, no nailbiter this time. Broncos and Seahawks fans didn't suffer through the kind of drama we did a year ago. Kudos to Seattle for a dominating effort, but yesterday's game wasn't a fraction as entertaining as the Ravens' win last year. Ravens-49ers has to go down as a classic SB.