Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Broncos will not make it to the Super Bowl next year

I think there is a very real chance the Broncos may have difficulty making the playoffs next year.

San Diego is no slouch and Kansas City was one of the best teams in the NFL all of last year. The Broncos are going to lose Eric Decker and probably Knowshon Moreno. If I recall correctly, Chris Harris, Tony Carter, and Domonique Rogers-Cromartie are all potential free agents.

Furthermore, Peyton may retire. He looked completely defeated last night.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Peyton's not retiring. He's not going out like that. They will still be prolific on offense, whether or not Decker stays or goes. If he leaves it will be interesting to see how he does without Manning and the wealth of receiver talent around him in Denver. He sure didn't do squat last night. Also, they will have Clady back and it's a good thing because they're overrated Oline was exposed in this SB. They looked good this year because Manning makes such accurate reads and gets the ball out so fast. They are not very physical and press coverage changes everything.

They probably make the post season again, but won't win a SB with this formula. They don't have a defense, even with Miller returning, that can step up and win you a big game when the offense struggles, which admittedly was rare this year. The only reason they looked adequate at times was because they were usually playing with a lead, so opposing offenses became predictable and Denver's D could take chances. Without a more dominant defense they win nothing. I'm also not especially impressed with their coaching staff.
    Last edited by Igotstoknow; 02-03-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The majority of defensive coaches in this league are simply too afraid to try defending the Broncos this way. Bottom line, it all comes down to coaching. If you call nothing but soft zones--as the Ravens did in week 1 at Denver--you will get lit up to the tune of 7 passing TDs. But the defensive coordinator can point to the players and say, if they would have executed better, that would never have happened. So the coach protects himself by blaming it all on execution.

But if you're Pete Carroll and you're not afraid to call a physical defense, oftentimes you'll have a ton of success (especially against teams that are allergic to physicality like the Broncos.) But first of all, you're going to get a lot of penalties, so you need to be ready to accept that and deal with it. You're also going to get beat at times like any other defense. The question is, can you coach your guys up to do it? Can you elevate your players such that the positives outweigh the negatives?

This. X1000

Blog Entries

It seems the blueprint to beat any pocket QB is the same - pressure the QB, jam the receivers to disrupt timing routs, win the time of possession and don't turn the ball over. It sounds easy enough until you realize you can't find the personnel to execute this.

5. Re: The Broncos will not make it to the Super Bowl next year

After the superbowl last year, I told someone I know who is a bandwagon Broncos fan that Peyton Manning won't win another SB and that Flacco will finish his career with more rings than Peyton and he laughed right in my face . I think this is it for him. He might come back next year but if he does, his weak ass arm will be exposed in the playoffs once again and take another crushing defeat.

Interesting to note that Denver plays @ Seattle in 2014. Think the league will send Denver into Seattle for opening night? I'm sure that would be a ratings bonanza.. But.. I'm guessing they'll cut Denver some slack coming off such a disaster of a SB. More likely it'll be Dallas or Green Bay that has to go up there for opening night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Interesting to note that Denver plays @ Seattle in 2014. Think the league will send Denver into Seattle for opening night? I'm sure that would be a ratings bonanza.. But.. I'm guessing they'll cut Denver some slack coming off such a disaster of a SB. More likely it'll be Dallas or Green Bay that has to go up there for opening night.
    Niners.

They're the hot rivalry right now.

Manning will play until he has all the records. He is close to all time TD's and yardage.

But he also has the most playoff loses.......

Blog Entries

Oh Oh Oh, the Jacksonville Jaguars will not make it to the Super Bowl next year... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Oh Oh Oh, the Jacksonville Jaguars will not make it to the Super Bowl next year... Bc
    Count the browns too, be a while for them.

Blog Entries

Coaching staffs know how to play Peyton, they are just too afraid a lot of times. Early in his career, the strategy was to control the clock by running the ball and forcing him to put together long 10 play type drives by keeping the safeties back.

Now, Peyton just doesn't have the deep ball accuracy. It showed last year versus the Ravens and it showed last night. Late in the season, his arm is dying and he just can't push the ball down the field. So, the new strategy has been to run the ball and hit the big plays, forcing him to match those big plays.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Coaching staffs know how to play Peyton, they are just too afraid a lot of times. Early in his career, the strategy was to control the clock by running the ball and forcing him to put together long 10 play type drives by keeping the safeties back.

Now, Peyton just doesn't have the deep ball accuracy. It showed last year versus the Ravens and it showed last night. Late in the season, his arm is dying and he just can't push the ball down the field. So, the new strategy has been to run the ball and hit the big plays, forcing him to match those big plays.
    Good point. Another thing I see teams doing is taking away the short stuff by playing press coverage, disrupting his timing and making him squeeze the ball in tight windows on those intermediate to deep routes. He can't make those throws anymore.