Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: You think Ozzie will get us back to the Superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Playoffs next year? I say YES, but not SB.
    The problem with this thread question is that getting to the Superbowl relies on so many things, and a lot of them are pure luck.

Ozzie will continue to get us to the playoffs on a regular basis. Once you get there, any team can get to the Super Bowl. Even a 10-6 team that looked hopeless limping into the playoffs losing four of its last five games of the season.
    "Chin up, chest out."

IMO this team is not that far away from being even better than we were in 2012. Oz has promised to fix the offense and I think on defense we are a couple of players away from being very good. I can see no reason we won't be in the playoffs in 2014 and possibly a serious contender for the SB title.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Execution doesn't happen in a vacuum. It's done with the purpose of winning favorable match ups. It's done with the backing of coaching that's designed to exploit mismatches.
    My point is that you can execute all you want, but if the scheme is bland, then it is bland and no amount of perfect execution can make up for that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

For those saying that Seattle plays a generic defense, I'd disagree with that. I think their base designs make much better use of their overall skill set than a lot of other defenses (including ours) do.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

For how shitty we played in 2013, we were still 8-8. We're nowhere near the shape of a Jacksonville, or terrible teams that'll be picking in the Top 5. Even still, we don't lose Pitta or KO, maybe we finish 9-7 or 10-6? We got super lucky in 2012, and you need a ton of luck to win a Super Bowl anyway. It was Seattle's year.

I'm excited for the new offensive coaching staff to come in and hopefully we'll see that "QB who leaves Cam Cameron's System Blows Up" effect next year with Kubiak.

Newsome is 58 next month...I suspect that he has 5-10 years left.

Over that time, I have no doubt that he will assemble several Ravens teams that potentially have the chance to make deep playoff runs.

Will that translate into Super Bowl appearances? Hard to say....a good portion of post-season success is based on fate and the luck of the draw.

Since we hired Kubiak I'm almost giddy. I have a ton of excitement that we will not see the offensive product that was on the field this past season. With excitement comes expectations to a degree so I will refrain. Kubiak was able to make a winner with Schaub whom flacco is a lot better than. He brings a new offensive scheme that I'm sure the ravens will run a hybrid version of, that suits him better. He turned Arian foster from a udfa into a top 3 back. The ravens have a lot of pieces already in place that will succeed. I think the biggest thing I am looking forward to is an OC that has had success, makes adjustments and gets the most out of his players. He will be the biggest aquisition this season, even after he leaves I'm sure the ravens will continue with this offense pending this next seasons success.

If we enter the playoffs its anyones guess. Some members of the media were still saying in Week 16 that If the Ravens make the playoffs look out because they had the tools to win on the road. That was with our god awful Offense. I am just glad we didn't make it to the Superbowl this year because last night would have been embarrassing.

Blog Entries

We'll make the playoffs next year. And really baring something. Drastic I can see us making and being very competitive for them every year again for the next 5 years. Once you're in it's a lot of luck and the ball bouncing your way. But I can see us making the bug dance once in the next 5 years. Winning it is another story.

Blog Entries

Someone mentioned keeping Jimmy Smith but the bigger question is can they keep Jimmy and Torrey Smith.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That is true. What you see is what you get. There is no Rex Ryan on this staff. However if you execute you can still win even without the creativity.
    You can win, yes. 10-6 or 9-7 and squeak into the playoffs, hoping for a hot streak, yes. Dominating your opposition while imposing your will on them is what gets you deep into the playoffs (with home field advantage). That is what the OP is asking. Vanilla schemes rarely gets you a dominant team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

They just lined up and outplayed the Broncos all night; no gimmicks, no disguises. IMO that was great to watch
    This. Just like the 2000 Ravens.