Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Ravens Shouldn't Draft A Free Safety in the Higher Rounds

Ozzie said that the Ravens need a rangy free safety and they'll get one through the draft and we've been talking about who we think the Ravens should get (Calvin Pryor's name comes up a lot) but the Ravens shouldn't draft a rookie in the higher rounds or if they do they shouldn't start him. The Safety is the last line of defense and a rookie mistake can result in a touchdown.

Should the Ravens really let a rookie get picked on by Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger (Twice), Andy Dalton (Twice), and Andrew Luck? No. They should try to bring in a veteran free safety and let him mentor whatever rookie free safety is. Or the Ravens could be really confident in Brynden Trawick or Omar Brown, but I doubt it.

Blog Entries

Re: The Ravens Shouldn't Draft A Free Safety in the Higher Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    ... Should the Ravens really let a rookie get picked on by Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger (Twice), Andy Dalton (Twice), and Andrew Luck?
    How come you didn't mention the Browns QB (twice) ? ... Bc

Because I don't know what poor soul is going to be the Browns QB or if it's even going to be the same guy the entire season. And he probably won't have the experience/skill these guys have. P.S. I also forgot Phillip Rivers.

Because I don't know what poor soul is going to be the Browns QB or if it's even going to be the same guy the entire season. And he probably won't have the experience/skill these guys have. P.S. I also forgot Phillip Rivers.
    If Shanny is the OC. i won't be shocked if Cousins is their QB. I don't know too much about him but he has a heck of a wide out to throw to.

Blog Entries

Ha ha Clinton Dix is likely the only first round safety and he will be gone before Ravens pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

BPA. It all depends who is there when the Ravens pick. I hope it's a big WR but since they feel that Free Safety is a need if the best player on their board is available they're going to take him.

Ozzie said that the Ravens need a rangy free safety and they'll get one through the draft and we've been talking about who we think the Ravens should get (Calvin Pryor's name comes up a lot) but the Ravens shouldn't draft a rookie in the higher rounds or if they do they shouldn't start him. The Safety is the last line of defense and a rookie mistake can result in a touchdown.

Should the Ravens really let a rookie get picked on by Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger (Twice), Andy Dalton (Twice), and Andrew Luck? No. They should try to bring in a veteran free safety and let him mentor whatever rookie free safety is. Or the Ravens could be really confident in Brynden Trawick or Omar Brown, but I doubt it.
    Using that logic, the Ravens should never start any rookie because he might get burned - whether it's at the line of scrimmage, in the intermediate zones, or in the deep zones of the field. Sometimes, a rookie does just fine - particularly when he has ten other teammates doing their jobs well.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind us picking Pryor in the first. Or HaHa if he lasts that long. I'd love a WR but now that we have Kube's I'm not as pressed. I miss that playmaking safety back there.

Blog Entries

You can't blanket assume that all rookies can't be good FS. It really depends on the type of guy you get, what kind of coaching they get, and how they perform in preseason and camp.

What I will say is, they can't BANK on the young FS being the guy. They have to bring in SOME sort of decent competition. I like Omar Brown, but he's just as unproven as Asa Jackson at CB. Trawick, I'm not so sure he should even be on roster, between Levine and Miles and him.

But considering our tight cap, I wouldn't expect Jarius Byrd or anything. What we'll probably get is a run of the mill guy who is good enough to contribute, but not good enough to get starting shot anywhere else.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I wouldn't mind us picking Pryor in the first. Or HaHa if he lasts that long. I'd love a WR but now that we have Kube's I'm not as pressed. I miss that playmaking safety back there.
    As much as I would love to have that guy, I don't see that player in the draft worth taking at our first round spot. There is no Earl Thomas or Eric Berry in this draft. Clinton Dix isn't that guy.

That said I'd be cool taking Pryor in the second.

Someone help me out here. There is a safety coming out of Northern Illinois, whose name escapes me. He had a great Senior Bowl and will be someone to keep an eye on over the next few months.

Blog Entries

Ed Reed, rookie 2002, 16 games started, 85 Tackles, 5 Ints, 1 sack
    Ed Reed 2003 -Pro Bowl
    Ed Reed 2004 -DPOY

Yep I don't expect them to draft a FS with the 1st or 2nd pick but I'm not ruling anything out with our scouts
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old