Blog Entries

Gunman kills 2 and himself at Columbia Mall; several injured in stampede

About 10:30 AM a lone gunman about 18-25 entered Columbia Mall and shot and killed 2 people and wounded 1 in the foot before killing himself. There was a mass stampede out of the mall or for cover where several more were injured and taken to the hospital. One person had a heart attack.

No motive is known yet but cops think it was a domestic dispute. Injured in the hospital are reported OK now. The shooter said nothing. He just walked into the mall and starting firing.

It's being reported on the major news outlets like CNN.

Re: Gunman kills 2 and himself at Columbia Mall; several injured in stampede

I posted earlier a thread about Gun Free Zones... Columbia Mall being one of them.
    I am hearing Domestic Dispute as well, so that would classify this shooting different from others for certain, but the Gun Free Zone status remains a parallel.

Crazy world we live in these days.

Blog Entries

Sorry Jon, I didn't see anything about Columbia Mall in your thread so I posted the details
    here but you're right as usual.

A witness just said on Ch 13 that a bullet flew by her head or she would have been the
    fourth death. Scary indeed.

Ch 13 just mentioned the lack of metal detectors in malls like in the airport and the
    reporter was wondering if our malls and schools are going to be like airport security.
    NOwhere is safe anymore.

Even OBY just said that airport security checks are like sobriety checks on the road.
    They're a nuissance but you have to have them.

The terrorists have won.

Blog Entries

Happened at Zumiez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Speaking of more security, Columbia has already been named to a federal study on increased mall security nation wide.

rumor has it the shooter is an ex-boyfriend of the girl that was killed and her new boyfriend was the coworker who also was killed...if that info is true, i dont think the guy cared if the mall had plenty of CCW owners or if it's gun-free or whatever, he was determined to get his kill and worry about the rest later. usually Cops are hanging around that starbucks not far from there or theyre in the food courts to make sure teens arent getting rowdy, especially since it's saturday. Thats almost like the only thing to do in HoCo for young folk.

Truth be told were about as violent as other countries, the difference is we die more since we use guns more to do the deed when we have quarrels like that florida movie theatre shooting during Lone Survivor over thrown popcorn or a bunch of those shootings in Chicago, Tucson, Memphis, etc. hopefully we can figure out a way to reduce violence (no matter the method: guns, knives, fist, etc) as a culture but thats going to take generations and i dont think we're ready to truly tackle it yet.

Blog Entries

Ch 13 is saying now that he had a bag of explosives to blow the place up but never got to it. Guess he went nuts when he saw the girl and guy and started shooting everyone.

Great post Kojo. I know that eatery well.

We're maybe more violent than other countries because there's no ban on guns like in England but times are changing. Kids carry them in schools. IN the old days we used to duke it out but now the kids shoot people and so many after a break up. I took my girl friend to a pool party 30 yrs ago and she married the guy who owned the pool and the tennis courts. I just said oh well and moved on. Now they shoot it out. That girl friend just died of cancer and I just said oh well, serves the bitch right. I'm still alive.

48 hours just had a guy on convicted of killing his wife who had an affair and it's a different story every week of someone killing a spouse.

OBY tried to pass a gun law but it was the only thing that he did that was defeated.

I WOULD NEVER INVADE THE U.S. MAINLAND. THEY WOULD HAVE SOMEONE BEHIND EVERY GRASS BLADE WITH A GUN.

YAMMAMOTO - ARCHITECH OF PEARL HARBOR ATTACK

HE DIDN'T RULE OUT HAWAII.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-26-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Blog Entries

The shooter's father is just shocked and dismayed that his son could do something like this. He has never shown any interest in guns at all in his entire life. He grieves for the victims and their families but can't believe his son was such
    a monster.

So if he didn't know anything about guns, where did he get his and where does an amateur go for explosives which
    he also had and how did he know how to make a home made bomb?
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-27-2014 at 03:25 AM.