Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    2 of the numerous things you said wrong. LSD and X are not safe at all because you don't know what is in them. Mushrooms and mescaline are more safe. Your main premise, that people who become addicts were or would become losers anyway, is totally wrong. There are millions of people who have huge potential or are already extremely successful who become addicts simply because of the addictive nature of a drug and/or genetics. This includes alcohol, other drugs, sex and gambling. I speak as a addictions counselor for 25 years. While nutrition is a critical issue in our societym its negative effects are miniscule compared to the effects of addiction. Please get some education on this matter before you spout. It sounds like barroom addiction theory.
    Based on what I wrote I understand this response, I should be more clear about what my standpoint is because I was combattimg a particular mindset with what I said above.

1. Weed and shrooms are the only drugs that I wouldn't vehementally discourage someone from using.
    2. E and LSD I wouldn't either, IF they knew for a fact they were getting the real thing.
    3. Bad drugs should be avoided, however the way the media presents the information, etc does much more harm than good.
    4. I hate the implication that doing a bad drug one time will destroy someone, as people are much stronger than that. I don't like the underlying implication, and think that hurts more than it helps.

Blog Entries

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I don't even know where to start with all that, and I know this is not the place to discuss it, so I won't. I think you need a session with Dr. Phil, or probably Jerry Springer?
    Or Murray Povich. :)

LSD messed a lot of people up when someone slipped it
    in at a party but the Beatles wrote some of their best
    stuff after tripping on on it like Day Tripper. McCartney said that was about drugs and tripping that went over everyone's heads.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was a code name for
    LSD and one of their biggest hits after tripping on the
    stuff. McCartney admitted it.

The Kinks had to change the name of their hit song COLA
    to LOLA because it was about coke/cocaine but too close to
    Coca Cola's trade name. The BBC wouldn't play it.

The song Cocaine was about exactly that. Singers couldn't perform w/o the stuff. Ask the Allman's Brothers.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-30-2014 at 07:18 PM.

It's a rare thing when the OP is the one that derails their own thread.

Keith Richardson of the Rolling stones was ask, how is he still alive after doing so many drugs. He replied that that quality of the drugs is why he is still alive, not the quantity of drugs. If your contract or work place, doesn't allow drugs , you can be fired for it. In time, marijuana will be legal in the US, count on it, as long as users pay the government taxes on it.

Wow, so much drug ignorance in this thread that's emblematic of the larger ignorance that pervades our society.

PurpleApocalypse is spot on with everything he's said. I say this as the son of a doctor and a psychiatrist, plus as someone who's overcome his own addiction problems in the past.

Weed, ecstacy, LSD, shrooms, and others are substantially less dangerous and addictive than cigarettes and alcohol and many prescription drugs, oh, and lots of the hormones and chemicals in the food you eat.
    This is fact. Psychedelics are among the safest psychoactives.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg/256px-Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg.png

By contrast, duffybr is a bit misguided:

2 of the numerous things you said wrong. LSD and X are not safe at all because you don't know what is in them. Mushrooms and mescaline are more safe. Your main premise, that people who become addicts were or would become losers anyway, is totally wrong..
    What's in LSD is LSD (Lysergic Acid Diethylamide). "X" is more risky - usually it's a compound mixture of anything from PMMA (fatal), crack, meth, or even high doses of caffeine mixed in with some MDMA. But the active ingredient that most people seek - MDMA - is in itself very safe. The problem is that illicit labs cut their product to stretch it further. But if you buy actual crystal MDMA it would be relatively easy to do a reagent test to verify if you have the true substance.

It's just about being safe and smart. Drugs are not some evil thing that turns people into demons.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    LSD messed a lot of people up when someone slipped it
    in at a party but the Beatles wrote some of their best
    stuff after tripping on on it like Day Tripper. McCartney said that was about drugs and tripping that went over everyone's heads..
    I remember hearing that :) Even funnier - day tripper is a term they used for people who weren't "hard core" enough and only tripped during the day, when everything was happy and hunky-dory rather than pushing themselves into more difficult spaces (experienced trippers will understand this)

Also, the song "She Said She Said" was inspired by Peter Fonda (iirc) blabbing on and on to John and Paul while tripping that "I know what it's like to be dead."

Obviously Revolver (specifically "Tomorrow Never Knows") was their first real "acid-album." Tomorrow Never Knows is still probably regarded as the most ground-breaking psychedelic song ever. And the entire Sgt Peppers Album, one of if not the greatest album of all time, is pretty much 100% acid fueled. Although their producer, George Martin, never touched the stuff.
    Last edited by Ravenalytics; 01-30-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Little does HoustonRaven know, I intentionally derailed this thread to the topic of psychedelics, so that people would start mentioning music.

That way I'd have an excuse to chime in and tell everyone to listen to Village Green Preservation Society by the Kinks.

Blog Entries

Ihedigbo was not happy about these comments; said it was not the Ravens.

http://wnst.net/audio-vault/?listen=...%20Radio%20Row

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I remember hearing that :) Even funnier - day tripper is a term they used for people who weren't "hard core" enough and only tripped during the day, when everything was happy and hunky-dory rather than pushing themselves into more difficult spaces (experienced trippers will understand this)

Also, the song "She Said She Said" was inspired by Peter Fonda (iirc) blabbing on and on to John and Paul while tripping that "I know what it's like to be dead."

Obviously Revolver (specifically "Tomorrow Never Knows") was their first real "acid-album." Tomorrow Never Knows is still probably regarded as the most ground-breaking psychedelic song ever. And the entire Sgt Peppers Album, one of if not the greatest album of all time, is pretty much 100% acid fueled. Although their producer, George Martin, never touched the stuff.
    Yea, youre right. Peter Fonda was one of the great druggies of the 60s and 70s. His mega hit Easy Rider is a classic movie but as he got older he couldnt change his druggie image.

The Beatles would have made knighthood in England if not for the drugs. Someone had their original contract signed by Mike Eptstein who took them from an obscure bad playing in small clubs to the greatest band in history. It had the original signatures of the group.

A guy wanted to sell it to that Pawn Shop on the History channel. The shop had it appraised at $500,000 but the guy wanted $1M. The shop offered $350,000 but the seller declined it.

I have their original first album, plus their Sgt Peppers and Abbey Road albums but they're scratched up from over use so I guess they're not worth much but I have the original covers in good shape.

Back to the Ravens, I bet at least half the NFL smoke grass.