Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...and-marijuana/

Even with the REAL drugs, there are many that can do them quite a few times without getting super addicted for life.
    Yeah, and there is only a 1 in 6 chance that you will die playing Russian roulette. While you may be right it is IMO, immature and irresponsible to write stuff like this. Obviously you haven't had to live with addiction in your family. If you had I know (or at least I would hope) you would feel differently.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

My guess is it was not the Ravens he was referring to. Can't say for sure, but two reasons lead me to this conclusion.

1. The Bears lost. They were clearly a little sluggish from all that weed smoke. ;) I kid.

2. On a more serious note, if you recall, Bisciotti gave a gift in the form of 2 Police Motorcycles to the city of New Orleans. This was a way of showing appreciation to the Police Department for all they did for the team while they were there. So, it seems the Police were a presence and rent a cops were not hired for security.

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    2. On a more serious note, if you recall, Bisciotti gave a gift in the form of 2 Police Motorcycles to the city of New Orleans. This was a way of showing appreciation to the Police Department for all they did for the team while they were there.
    ...as in... "Looking the other way"?

iggyman555 Guest

BA is an attention whore and a diva

Blog Entries

Re: Bryan Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Correct me if I am wrong, but even players in states which are legalizing the recreational use of marijuana are not likely going to be allowed (as in, flat out allowed by the NFL and NFL owners) to smoke weed whenever they want.

They'll still do their urine tests and while the players are employed by the NFL, they can still be (professionally) held accountable if it is a violation of an NFL policy.

Additionally, BA is full of shit if he expects anyone to believe that he's never partaken in a little puff puff give. :D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Bryan Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Additionally, BA is full of shit if he expects anyone to believe that he's never partaken in a little puff puff give. :D
    In some of the games he played poorly, it would be a good excuse for him. Maybe him and some other retired players should give a tour around the country giving up stories about their time in the NFL.

The more I hear Brendan A., the more I am convinced he's a drama queen and should shut the hell up.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im more trying to figure out which team hes talking about. .
    I'm more confused that he thinks this is something limited to SB week.

Put another way, I'd be VERY surprised if all 4 teams from both SB teams DIDN'T have players doing this.
    Put another way, I've seen estimates that 30-80% of all NFL/NBA players smoke weed, on or off season. Never seen a suggestion outside that range.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but even players in states which are legalizing the recreational use of marijuana are not likely going to be allowed (as in, flat out allowed by the NFL and NFL owners) to smoke weed whenever they want.
    According to the lovely Mrs. HoustonRaven, that is correct. Businesses are allow to restrict use of alcohol, drugs, etc amongst their employees regardless of their legality in law.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I didn't think it sounded like he was surprised by the actual use of it, but the fact they were all getting stoned the night before (or days leading up to) the biggest game of their lives. I mean... I'd be pissed if I walked into a hotel room the night before the game and I saw 20 guys doing beer bongs and keg stands. At what point to you abstain from the party and get ready to the fucking Super Bowl seriously?
    There is no hangover from weed. A good night's sleep is probably a good thing for someone in that situation. You could call it "performance enhancing" when you are talking about a few days before a competition.

Beer bongs and keg stands, quite the opposite.

Blog Entries

Who isn't smoking pot. C-MACs house got raided a decade ago and a pile of it was found and he wasn't even in it. His house sitter had it.

The stores that are selling it legally are making millions and can't grow the stuff fast enough.

As someone posted years ago, what's wrong with smoking a little grass on a Saturday night in Westminister.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    The more I hear Brendan A., the more I am convinced he's a drama queen and should shut the hell up.
    You aren't calling him gay are you? :D