Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Bryan Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Oh, come on. We all know it was David Weed . . er, Reed.

Blog Entries

Re: Bryan Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Gotta relax somehow and at least they weren't out drinking alcohol. I'd be surprised if someone said there WASN'T anyone smoking...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

bynes bong.jpg

Hurry, Amanda, BA's coming!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Total non-story. What amazes me is a guy like BA who otherwise seems to be ahead on the curve as far as a progressive understanding of the society works, is somehow taken aback by something like this. Really, dude? This surprises YOU?

I could see Tim Tebow or AJ McCarron running around looking for a hall monitor to tell, but BA?
    No, simply bring pro- gay marriage does not make one ahead of the curve, especially when using the same arguments that an 8th grader would come up with.

Lets keep the more political aspects of BA's side to the appropriate forum and keep this about the article posted.

If you wish to rant about his political stances, do so in the politics forum.

Carry on ....

I don't get it, is Bryan related to Brendon Ayanbadejo? or is that a typo in the title?

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    I don't get it, is Bryan related to Brendon Ayanbadejo? or is that a typo in the title?
    Good catch. It's fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Tacit approval is pro forma in the league and I don't think Harbs is any different.

There's a reason they only have one announced weed test at the beginning of the league year.
    If the NFL (coaches, league executives, etc) "tacitly approved" of marijuana use, they wouldn't be kicking guys out of the league for it.

I don't look down upon marijuana use personally, and obviously the country as a whole is moving that way both morally and legally in a lot of ways. But if I were an NFL coach, marijuana use--particularly such brazen, irresponsible use--is not acceptable. It can get you kicked out of the league, and no matter how good of a player you are, if you're on the reserve/suspended list you're of no help to the team.

Sure, we can say there's only one test--if you're not in the substance abuse program. But all it takes is one slip-up to land in the substance abuse program, and then you're having scheduled and unscheduled UAs every month. If these guys are irresponsible enough to fool with an illegal substance that can get you arrested and/or kicked out of the league in the first place, how can you trust them to be sure to never test dirty?

It's an integrity issue, and John Harbaugh prizes integrity and commitment to the team over everything. He's not going to let someone's nasty drug habit get in the way of that and he's certainly not going to CONDONE it.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Total non-story. What amazes me is a guy like BA who otherwise seems to be ahead on the curve as far as a progressive understanding of the society works, is somehow taken aback by something like this. Really, dude? This surprises YOU?
    I didn't think it sounded like he was surprised by the actual use of it, but the fact they were all getting stoned the night before (or days leading up to) the biggest game of their lives. I mean... I'd be pissed if I walked into a hotel room the night before the game and I saw 20 guys doing beer bongs and keg stands. At what point to you abstain from the party and get ready to the fucking Super Bowl seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I didn't think it sounded like he was surprised by the actual use of it, but the fact they were all getting stoned the night before (or days leading up to) the biggest game of their lives. I mean... I'd be pissed if I walked into a hotel room the night before the game and I saw 20 guys doing beer bongs and keg stands. At what point to you abstain from the party and get ready to the fucking Super Bowl seriously?
    That's how I read it too.

I don't think he cares if his friends on the team are smoking a little weed. He was more concerned that it was happening right before the biggest game of all of their careers.

The security comment was more about them getting arrested and hurting the team by being locked up than it was about actually wanting them to get caught or morally against what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    If the NFL (coaches, league executives, etc) "tacitly approved" of marijuana use, they wouldn't be kicking guys out of the league for it.
    Eh... most Olympic athletes use PEDs, yet the IOC and the coaches don't do much about it - they announce drug tests and announce what drugs in specific are being tested for. Sure, if someone gets CAUGHT, then they have to be made an example of for the image/brand of the sport. Same thing in the NFL. It's why Goodell is probably pro-pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Eh... most Olympic athletes use PEDs, yet the IOC and the coaches don't do much about it - they announce drug tests and announce what drugs in specific are being tested for. Sure, if someone gets CAUGHT, then they have to be made an example of for the image/brand of the sport. Same thing in the NFL. It's why Goodell is probably pro-pot.
    The Olympics and WADA are far more stringent than the NFL. Incredibly more.

Random testing (blood and urine), employment of former dopers to find masking agents, multiple tests before / during after the games, etc.

There's no comparison between what the NFL does and what WADA force on the Olympic athletes.