Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryan Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    According to the lovely Mrs. HoustonRaven, that is correct. Businesses are allow to restrict use of alcohol, drugs, etc amongst their employees regardless of their legality in law.
    There were a ton of people who went to Facebook to post pictures of themselves smoking up the now legal substance in Colorado. Some of them were then then fired because of exactly what you wife is saying. Since it is illegal on a Federal level employers can fire employees for using it or at least being so public about using it.

Re: Bryan Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There were a ton of people who went to Facebook to post pictures of themselves smoking up the now legal substance in Colorado. Some of them were then then fired because of exactly what you wife is saying. Since it is illegal on a Federal level employers can fire employees for using it or at least being so public about using it.
    They probably don't remember taking the pictures..

Blog Entries

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yeah, and there is only a 1 in 6 chance that you will die playing Russian roulette. While you may be right it is IMO, immature and irresponsible to write stuff like this. Obviously you haven't had to live with addiction in your family. If you had I know (or at least I would hope) you would feel differently.
    Comparing drugs to a sadistic game in which you literally point a loaded gun to your head suggests to me that propoganda is your main source of perspective.

Weed, ecstacy, LSD, shrooms, and others are substantially less dangerous and addictive than cigarettes and alcohol and many prescription drugs, oh, and lots of the hormones and chemicals in the food you eat.

Cocaine, when done sparcingly and sensibly, is usually less damaging than alcohol or cigarettes too.

Then again, cigarettes and alcohol are totally not a big deal either when done responsiblly.

Heroin, crack, meth. .. Those are bad. Those are really bad. Those drugs should be singled out. However even with these drugs, many people with successful careers do them recreationally. Because when you actually have promising things in your life and a good head on your shoulders, drugs very rarely make you go from success to rock bottom. Because the human body is a lot stronger than people would have you believe. The weak part is the mind, not the body's ability to withstand certain no-no drugs. Drugs are no match for a strong mind.

And yes, I have had people on my mom's side of the family have drug problems. They were losers. They were losers before the drugs.

That old experient where they would give rats the choice between cocaine and food and the rats would keep choosing cocaine until they starved to death, yeah, bullshit. What they didn't mention was that the rats were in a tiny little box. They had nothing going on at all. Once they let the rats run around and fuck other rats, the cocaine use stopped.

Drugs are the last thing to worry about for society. Most that allow their life to go to shit rock bottom just because of drugs weren't on track to do much anyways. I know there are exceptions, I know. But overall. The problem is kids getting into drugs (REAL DRUGS). And that's just terrible. But if they get into drugs as children, it often means they have bad parents.

The more pressing issue is the vast, vast majority of people being brainwashed by society, and all for themselves.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 01-30-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post

They probably don't remember taking the pictures..
    Weed doesn't black people out

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week before Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Comparing drugs to a sadistic game in which you literally point a loaded gun to your head suggests to me that propoganda is your main source of perspective.

Weed, ecstacy, LSD, shrooms, and others are substantially less dangerous and addictive than cigarettes and alcohol and many prescription drugs, oh, and lots of the hormones and chemicals in the food you eat.

Cocaine, when done sparcingly and sensibly, is usually less damaging than alcohol or cigarettes too.

Then again, cigarettes and alcohol are totally not a big deal either when done responsiblly.

Heroin, crack, meth. .. Those are bad. Those are really bad. Those drugs should be singled out. However even with these drugs, many people with successful careers do them recreationally. Because when you actually have promising things in your life and a good head on your shoulders, drugs very rarely make you go from success to rock bottom. Because the human body is a lot stronger than people would have you believe. The weak part is the mind, not the body's ability to withstand certain no-no drugs. Drugs are no match for a strong mind.

And yes, I have had people on my mom's side of the family have drug problems. They were losers. They were losers before the drugs.

That old experient where they would give rats the choice between cocaine and food and the rats would keep choosing cocaine until they starved to death, yeah, bullshit. What they didn't mention was that the rats were in a tiny little box. They had nothing going on at all. Once they let the rats run around and fuck other rats, the cocaine use stopped.

Drugs are the last thing to worry about for society. Most that allow their life to go to shit rock bottom just because of drugs weren't on track to do much anyways. I know there are exceptions, I know. But overall. The problem is kids getting into drugs (REAL DRUGS). And that's just terrible. But if they get into drugs as children, it often means they have bad parents.

The more pressing issue is the vast, vast majority of people being brainwashed by society, and all for themselves.
    I don't even know where to start with all that, and I know this is not the place to discuss it, so I won't. I think you need a session with Dr. Phil, or probably Jerry Springer?
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Brendon Ayanbadejo says either the Ravens or Bears or both smoke pot in week ...

NFL players smoke weed?

Last edited by HoustonRaven; 01-30-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't even know where to start with all that, and I know this is not the place to discuss it, so I won't. I think you need a session with Dr. Phil, or probably Jerry Springer?
    What's wrong with anything I said? Oh drugs are the devil and cause all the problems, the media says it so it must be true.

I guarantee you I know much more about human nature and blood chemistry and human potential and human empowerment than that hack Dr. Phil.

Actually, Jerry Springer does too. Watch his final word segments at the end of episodes, it's actually insightful and accounts for all the variables.

All Phil does is say 10th grade level psychology, often wrong, while making millions from shocking audiences and further depressing depresse housewives.

You want to know what does much more damage to society than drugs? (Not including alcohol and cigarettes)

Wheat and vitamin D deficiency. And if you want to call me stupid or ignorant or crazy then I'll write you a 20 page paper explaining why it's true and have it signed off by one of the biggest names in naturopathy and blood chemistry in the county, who just happens to be helping me with my foundation for youth empowerment.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 01-30-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    You want to know what does much more damage to society than drugs? (Not including alcohol and cigarettes)

Wheat and vitamin D deficiency. And if you want to call me stupid or ignorant or crazy then I'll write you a 20 page paper explaining why it's true and have it signed off by one of the biggest names in naturopathy and blood chemistry in the county, who just happens to be helping me with my foundation for youth empowerment.
    LOL!! I just hope you're not spreading your gospel to the youth of our country by telling them that heroin and cocaine are ok if used in moderation.

2 of the numerous things you said wrong. LSD and X are not safe at all because you don't know what is in them. Mushrooms and mescaline are more safe. Your main premise, that people who become addicts were or would become losers anyway, is totally wrong. There are millions of people who have huge potential or are already extremely successful who become addicts simply because of the addictive nature of a drug and/or genetics. This includes alcohol, other drugs, sex and gambling. I speak as a addictions counselor for 25 years. While nutrition is a critical issue in our societym its negative effects are miniscule compared to the effects of addiction. Please get some education on this matter before you spout. It sounds like barroom addiction theory.

Blog Entries

LOL!! I just hope you're not spreading your gospel to the youth of our country by telling them that heroin and cocaine are ok if used in moderation.
    Teaching kids that their life will immediately collapse and be destroyed if they take a drug one time is ignorant and extremely ineffective in preventing drug use.

Stop with the bogus sensationalism. Sensationalism is the number one indicator of someone who doesn't have any insight or real, operating knowledge of a subject or situation.

It reminds me of people who think depression is about "being sad."

Note: hyperbole is not the same thing as sensationalist arguments. Hyperbole has a wide range of purposes and effects, while Sensationalism is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    2 of the numerous things you said wrong. LSD and X are not safe at all because you don't know what is in them. Mushrooms and mescaline are more safe. Your main premise, that people who become addicts were or would become losers anyway, is totally wrong. There are millions of people who have huge potential or are already extremely successful who become addicts simply because of the addictive nature of a drug and/or genetics. This includes alcohol, other drugs, sex and gambling. I speak as a addictions counselor for 25 years. While nutrition is a critical issue in our societym its negative effects are miniscule compared to the effects of addiction. Please get some education on this matter before you spout. It sounds like barroom addiction theory.
    I think you meant this post for PurpleApocalypse37. I agree with everything you said.