Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Kubiak/Dennison not Harbaugh's choice according to Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Wow, has Lombardi ever been a John Harbaugh guy? The deal is done, move on, why write a piece that tries to create an image of future problems inside the castle. I guess when you own a forum, you need to do whatever it takes to keep it relevant to the team. Just another armchair guy who say's he has inside info( sounds like the MP guy, right), and wants to keep readers going. I'm done with anything he writes, Seattle wins this Sunday will make my winter. Preseason can't get here fast enough.
    Happy New Year to you as well.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post

I edited my post, because I didn't get emphasise the quotes aspect. I understand that you'll get anonymous sources not wanting to be revealed, but to me a direct quote from "A member of the ravens organisation" or something would be more compelling to me.

It's entirely feasible that Hostler would be saying this kind of stuff to people because he's pissed, or whatever and is not planning on hanging around. I can see how this would be the case. But really, I need more to go on. This piece doesn't provide it.

In fact, at the moment I fully expect that if I signed up the VIP forum over at Scout there'd be a thread on all of this.

Either way, I'm with alienrace, it's getting pretty tiresome now and I want to duck out before I get entrenched in the discussion.
    TTRaven got word from someone who works for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    TTRaven got word from someone who works for the Ravens.
    And what is the actual quote?

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    There are quotes from sources to be had. Lots of them in fact. Re-watch the "State of the Ravens." You'll hear the same quotes, from the actual people involved, that we've heard for years.

Direct quotes that tell you that Ozzie talks to John a lot about this coaches. That John listens to Oz and values his input. That both of them talk to Steve on a regular basis. That Steve has input on everything involving his team. That if Steve disagrees, he makes them explain to him why they are right. And that hiring coaches is John Harbaugh's responsibility.

Direct quotes, from Steve, John, Ozzie, all there to be found. On the other side of the equation: speculation, rumor, and not one shred of first-hand evidence.
    Both sides of the equation have equal weight. Which is not much.

Blog Entries
    Idk why people are so eeager to insult and bash others who think or even know that the Ravens organization is ran just like any other organization, where there are always disputes about big decisions. The reality is, every owner in the NFL is meddiling no matter what they say, people put way too much stock into that stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post

And what is the actual quote?
    There are over 20 posts from this guy, and he's a known and respected person within the Ravens, that's all I'm going to say about that.

There's actually a lot of stuff that posters here will simply not believe and flame me for sharing other things that he's reported on this whole Kubiak thing.

Blog Entries

Idk why people are so eeager to insult and bash others who think or even know that the Ravens organization is ran just like any other organization, where there are always disputes about big decisions. The reality is, every owner in the NFL is meddiling no matter what they say, people put way too much stock into that stuff.
    :word

Sort of video evidence, people want to believe that everything is rainbows and kitty whiskers at the castle and there are no disagreements what soever.

Hypersensitivity and defensiveness run rampant around these parts (and on most professional sports fan forums).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post

Hypersensitivity and defensiveness run rampant around these parts (and on most professional sports fan forums).
    True, but it's over something so pointless imo. Who cares that it was Steve's choice, at the end of the day, he's the owner.

The only person who was humbled yesterday was Tony. He's been vigorously stating all along that Harbaugh would hire Hostler.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

:word

Sort of video evidence, people want to believe that everything is rainbows and kitty whiskers at the castle and there are no disagreements what soever.
    Yup, people can believe what they like, but it's drawing a line when people insult others or threaten to leave the forum over it. Talk about being a cry baby, it's not as if Tony has just written a piece on how he thinks the Government have a secret base on Mars building space nukes or something lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    The only person who was humbled yesterday was Tony. He's been vigorously stating all along that Harbaugh would hire Hostler.
    Harbaugh actually was going to hire him, so Tony doesn't really need to apologize for anything.