Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Will this upcoming Season finally be the year where...........

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    You are correct, but let's consider having a guy like Justin Tucker kicking FGs. If the Ravens offense can get into his reliable kicking distance, then "Yardage" is an essential stat, as long as the Ravens defense can hold the opponent at bay. We probably can't, so TDs are essential.. Bc
    Yardage still means very little, unless you're talking about the yards per drive. Total yardage stats are meaningless for the most part. History is littered with teams getting blown out of games despite having 400+ yards of offense, even outgaining their opponents substantially. There are tons of games where a team gets up huge, and the other team winds up outgaining them trying to catch up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Yardage still means very little, unless you're talking about the yards per drive. Total yardage stats are meaningless for the most part. History is littered with teams getting blown out of games despite having 400+ yards of offense, even outgaining their opponents substantially. There are tons of games where a team gets up huge, and the other team winds up outgaining them trying to catch up.
    OTOH yardage also can mean TOP (Time Of Possession) which keeps the ball out of the opposition's hands. So do you really think that "Yardage still means very little" ? ... Bc

There's a decent correlation between total yards per game and having a top rank offense (top half that is).
    It means you're doing something right and putting yourself in a better position to control the TOP and score more points. Nothing more, nothing less. With Kubiak in tow and a few tweaks to our personnel I expect our offense to rediscover the deep pass again. Two years ago we were at the top (or close to it) in regards to # of 20 yards plays or more. I expect us to get there again.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Boys, it's more important that Flacco gets into the "Ring of Honor" with multiple Super Bowl wins
    than any personal awards. I think we, and Joe, can agree on this... Bc
    Fair points, count me in as well,.

5. Re: Will this upcoming Season finally be the year where...........

I wouldn't hold my breath. I predict another 15-20 finish but we do have a good chance if we get another WR and shore up the O line. I think Flacco can go over 4000 yards too in Kubiak's system. Schaub threw for over 4000 yards 3 times under Kubiak.

Blog Entries

i disagree with the notion that Flacco wont throw for 4000 yards in this offense. If Schaub can throw 540-588 attempts for 4000-4700 yards while still being a run first offense then why cant flacco? hes been throwing for just under 4k (3.6-3.9) in 530-540 (600 this season) the past 3 years in a lot less efficient offense. frankly Flacco is a much superior player than Schaub, atleast imo. i see his % going back up to the 62-64 range and his attempts around the same, this year not withstanding.
    -JAB