Ravens could have just ONE player on the roster from 2009-10 drafts

When the 2014 season begins the Ravens may have just one player on the roster from the 2009-2010 drafts (Webb). Last season's down year was largely due to injuries, free agent misses, and the 2009-2010 drafts.

Pitta will probably be back, making it 2. Cody and/or Dickson could be extremely cheap backups if they don't have enough players at those positions (let's hope that's not the case).

In September it might just be Webb.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens could have just ONE player on the roster from 2009-10 drafts

Interesting but a little misleading in that out of the 13, 4 are on other teams (Kruger, D.Reed, Phillips, Peerman), and 4 are likely to be on other teams (Oher, Cody, Dickson, A.Jones)
    If Pitta stays, adding Webb means 10/13 are in the NFL and the 3 are Kindle, Harewood and Davon Drew

So yes, interesting that we only have 1 (2?) but not fully the draft was bad the only major bust was Kindle

from the 2007 draft we only have one out of 7 (Yanda)
    and the 2008 draft two out of 10 (Joe, Ray)
    Average career for NFL player in 3.2 years (according to the union), so we are way above average with 10/13

Agree though it is sad to see only 1 or 2 left
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I don't even consider Kindle to be a true bust.

He was injured. Severely injured. Yes, it was his own doing...but it was still just a bad accident, and he fractured his skull. We'll never know what he could have been had it not happened.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Interesting but a little misleading in that out of the 13, 4 are on other teams (Kruger, D.Reed, Phillips, Peerman), and 4 are likely to be on other teams (Oher, Cody, Dickson, A.Jones)
    If Pitta stays, adding Webb means 10/13 are in the NFL and the 3 are Kindle, Harewood and Davon Drew

So yes, interesting that we only have 1 (2?) but not fully the draft was bad the only major bust was Kindle

from the 2007 draft we only have one out of 7 (Yanda)
    and the 2008 draft two out of 10 (Joe, Ray)
    Average career for NFL player in 3.2 years (according to the union), so we are way above average with 10/13

Agree though it is sad to see only 1 or 2 left
    i think denver signed harewood

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I don't even consider Kindle to be a true bust.

He was injured. Severely injured. Yes, it was his own doing...but it was still just a bad accident, and he fractured his skull. We'll never know what he could have been had it not happened.
    And it happened BEFORE he signed a contract so he never counted for much against the salary cap.

My 89 year old bed ridden mother-in-law would be cheaper than Dickson and just as productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Blevins View Post
    When the 2014 season begins the Ravens may have just one player on the roster from the 2009-2010 drafts (Webb). Last season's down year was largely due to injuries, free agent misses, and the 2009-2010 drafts.

Pitta will probably be back, making it 2. Cody and/or Dickson could be extremely cheap backups if they don't have enough players at those positions (let's hope that's not the case).

In September it might just be Webb.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    My 89 year old bed ridden mother-in-law would be cheaper than Dickson and just as productive.
    LOL...Mine is 88 and uses a walker, while she would likely be more costly than your mother-in-law, she can block better than Dickson... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    I hate comments like this. Dickson is one of the top 50-60 Tight Ends on the planet presently.

Blog Entries

It appears 8 of the players from those drafts had significant playing time during the Super Bowl year. So I 'd have to grade those drafts as highly successful.