Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vonta Leach

Blog Entries

Vonta Leach

If we hire shanahan i think there is a real shot leach comes back at a reduced salary. He is still the best FB in the game and shanahan uses fullbacks very well and i think he was the coordinator for houston when leach played there. Shanahan used darrell young, the redskins FB CREATIVELY and i think Shanny would want leach here.

Re: Vonta Leach

Isn't he already at a reduced salary?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Disagree. Look at his two back sets both in DC and in Houston.

Both backs were relatively the same back, relative size and skill. There wasn't a large bruiser that was leading the way.

If anything, given the contract situation, I think we're going to see more of the same with Rice and Pierce.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

very unlikely; keep in mind they also have Juice and could easily pick up a cheap back from the draft or UDFA
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    very unlikely; keep in mind they also have Juice and could easily pick up a cheap back from the draft or UDFA
    I think he's done, at least in Baltimore. He's had a 10 year career, last 3 with the Ravens and took home a Super Bowl ring. He's 32, Juice is cheaper and younger, so I feel he won't be wearing purple and black next season... Bc

Blog Entries

Juice is the future. Leach will be a cap casualty this offseason.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think he's done, at least in Baltimore. He's had a 10 year career, last 3 with the Ravens and took home a Super Bowl ring. He's 32, Juice is cheaper and younger, so I feel he won't be wearing purple and black next season... Bc
    i agree

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Color him gone!

He was rarely used this past season. It would be very surprising if they re-sign him.
    "Screw it, let's ride"!

I don't think the Ravens want to carry 5 backs (again) and would rather have 3 RB's and 1 FB than 2 RB's and 2 FB's like they did most of this season. So with that being said, I think Leach is gone in favor of a 3rd RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Juice is the future. Leach will be a cap casualty this offseason.
    I agree.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Really don't see this happening. I love Leach, but I think his time is done.

In both Houston and DC they utilized more of an H-back than a true full back. Don't see them investing in Leach.

I thought of this as well, but I doubt it will happen. Juszczyk is going to be the guy, and I think he'll be used in a James Casey type of role... FB/HB/TE hybrid.

I do think you'll see more 2TE sets as well under Kubiak. We'll need another TE to play opposite Pitta in that set... Eric Ebron, anyone?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I thought of this as well, but I doubt it will happen. Juszczyk is going to be the guy, and I think he'll be used in a James Casey type of role... FB/HB/TE hybrid.

I do think you'll see more 2TE sets as well under Kubiak. We'll need another TE to play opposite Pitta in that set... Eric Ebron, anyone?
    Agree. Juice will be the joker type.

If they didn't think they needed one before, the Ravens will definately be targeting an athletic receiving TE this draft.
    Get someone like Ebron, throw in a healthy Rice, Pitta and Torrey and it's a pretty nice combo.
    Choosing a receiving TE like Ebron early, allows them to put off a WR and work on the OL and free safety later in the draft.

Honestly, Leach didn't look good this year anyway. He was getting knocked back and dropped the usual dump-offs that he once always took for a bruising 3-5 yards.