Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Ravens interview Scott Linehan, Lions sign Joe Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The Ravens could have had Hostler last year when they fired Cam.Instead, they basically begged Caldwell to become the interim. Despite the fact that Hostler had play calling experience and had been here longer, Jim had none of the above.

I think they showed what they really think of him back then. I truly believe that if it was going to be Hostler, they would have named him already. Like they do every time we lose a defensive coordinator and some on staff replaces him.

Also, there are a million things that Harbs could be doing right now. He wouldn't be doing an OC search if he was sure he already had his guy. It is an unnecessary waste of time.
    Not if your boss insisted. There is a huge power struggle going on. I hope I am wrong and it isn't Hostler.

Re: Ravens interview Scott Linehan, Lions sign Joe Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    At least it if he gets it our offense will resemble the sport.
    Watching our O this year, all I could think of was that line from the Factory of Sadness rant where he said "It's like they're playing a different sport than you are"

3. Re: Ravens interview Scott Linehan, Lions sign Joe Lombardi

Btw Corey- You ask a good question about him not being promoted last year. My guess is Caldwell was next in line. Now he is.

I hear Flacco likes him but the guy had a big say in last years game plans. If Joe likes him, make him qb coach. Because that was another mistake. Not having someone on the field to help Flacco.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If you had Megatron and a shitty defense, wouldn't you throw it a lot as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    have you watched an lions games at all? they get the lead a lot and still keep throwing the ball. the guy is no good

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    have you watched an lions games at all? they get the lead a lot and still keep throwing the ball. the guy is no good
    If you had responded to my question, you would have understood why I asked it in the first place.

Teams that can't run the ball have to throw it, even with the lead. Even with Reggie Bush this season and joique Bell, they still weren't a good running team.

I do agree that Linehan isn't exactly what I'd call a balanced OC.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    Because there has been blow back from the owner who wants someone from the outside. Harbaugh wants Hostler and has from the start. Just as much as he wanted Castillo. I have been a big Harbs backer but he has lost me if he promots Hostler. This is a prime gig that many want as we have seen. He is not the best choice but more of the same. If he does and we struggle again on offense he deserves to get fired. Like Steve said. I'll give you one fail but not 2.
    Got a link showing that Harbs has wanted Hostler the whole time?

Got a link about that "blow back" from Bisciotti?

Blog Entries

Because there has been blow back from the owner who wants someone from the outside. Harbaugh wants Hostler and has from the start. Just as much as he wanted Castillo. I have been a big Harbs backer but he has lost me if he promots Hostler. This is a prime gig that many want as we have seen. He is not the best choice but more of the same. If he does and we struggle again on offense he deserves to get fired. Like Steve said. I'll give you one fail but not 2.
    It wouldn't surprise me if this was going on. Who wouldn't want to work with a guy who already has a Super Bowl MVP to his name? Combined with the defense that the Ravens have to support the offense, along with the great organization as a whole, guys probably are lining up for the gig. However, it's very possible that Harbaugh is 'somewhat' short-sided in regards to realizing that. Thus, he might want Hostler. The only reason I say that is, because the amount of time it took them to finally get rid of Cam Cameron sticks with me.

Steve Bisciotti, on the other hand, can see the forest from the trees and probably told Harbaugh that he 'strongly suggested', he get someone from outside the organization, because a clean sweep was best. Which it probably is.

The man to hire is Gary Kubiak. He loves zone blocking, which is what Castillo promotes. He represents the change in the system that has been needed, while still allowing for vertical elements in the passing offense. He's had success in Denver and Houston, until Schaub went Delhomme on him and lost his confidence.

If what I've heard out of Washington is true, I'm not sure that Kyle Shanahan is ready for an OC level of power yet. Let him get his mind back in order under Kubiak, as the QB Coach. No other solution makes more sense, unless Kubiak is truly not interested.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Not if your boss insisted. There is a huge power struggle going on. I hope I am wrong and it isn't Hostler.
    Lol, a huge power struggle?

I seriously have to ask where you are finding this out...

Blog Entries

Corey makes a good point though. Last year, the first guy they went to was Wilbert Montgomery. The second guy was Jim Caldwell. Also, it might be that Harbaugh realizes the severity of the situation and that he needs to try being more open minded about this. I honestly don't think they are doing all of these interviews for nothing and I'd be surprised if Harbaugh were the only high ranking coach/personnel/front office guy sitting in on these interviews.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If you had responded to my question, you would have understood why I asked it in the first place.

Teams that can't run the ball have to throw it, even with the lead. Even with Reggie Bush this season and joique Bell, they still weren't a good running team.

I do agree that Linehan isn't exactly what I'd call a balanced OC.

112 yards per game is not bad at all....

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

if you go back and watch their games you will see a trend in his turrible play calling when they have the lead. they paid bush a lot of money he should be carrying the ball with the lead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    112 yards per game is not bad at all....

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

if you go back and watch their games you will see a trend in his turrible play calling when they have the lead. they paid bush a lot of money he should be carrying the ball with the lead
    Point taken, but Bush can't hold up like that.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Point taken, but Bush can't hold up like that.
    joique bell is pretty dam good himself