Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh Jags

Re: Oh Jags

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    That's ok...Al Davis probably didn't know the difference either.
    Ouch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Rohn Stark was awesome.

It's a terrible idea to draft a punter in the second round. But if you're going to do it, it might as well be Rohn Stark. For years he was probably the best athlete on the team.
    And people were wondering why Memorial Stadium was empty?!

When the punter is your team's best athlete, it's hard to deny that Irsay was trying to deep six that team...

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Rohn Stark was awesome.

It's a terrible idea to draft a punter in the second round. But if you're going to do it, it might as well be Rohn Stark. For years he was probably the best athlete on the team.

I read somewhere that he retired with the most total yardage of any punter in history. I don't know if that's true, but it's plausible: a good punter on a terrible team will rack up some yardage.
    It is true that Rohn Stark retired as the #1 guy in career punting yardage. However, he now stands at #7, as six players since 1997 have eclipsed his 49,471 yards. Current #1 is Jeff Feagles with 71,211. Shane Lechter is the only active player in the top ten (at #4).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    I remembered something funny yesterday. In the 2012 Draft the Jags drafted Punter Bryan Anger with the 70th overall pick. Five picks later:Russell Wilson. A punter over Russell Wilson. Which also brought to my mind, Who drafts a punter in the third round?
    And there are reasons why that 'brain trust' is no longer with the Jags....besides they thought they already had their QB in Blane Gabbert - now there was the big mistake!