Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Beilichick: Welker's Pick on Talib was Deliberate

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Seriously? Welker clearly changes his path/direction from moving up field to angling back into Talib's path. Regardless of Belichick's claim of intent to injure, Welker's intent was clearly to drill him.
    Look at the very beginning though. Talib looks to be making a move to go behind Welker or atleast his path is heading deeper downfield, which is why welker cuts under. Talib cuts under and... boom. I dont see intent at all on Welkers part. The player that has the most drastic cut is Talib, not Welker.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'd be shocked if the league even comments. Are they going to penalize the Pats for their pick plays? Every team uses them.
    Do we?

BS

The Patriots' entire offense is built around illegal pick plays and has been ever since Bellichick has been there. If he wants to whine and sob over Denver using pick plays, he needs to tear out most of his own playbook.

This kind of sour grapes is out of character for Bellichick, but maybe he sees the Patriots' window slamming shut and is entering desperation mode. Tom Brady has always been one of the league's most overrated players, but his poor intermediate and deep accuracy, coupled with once again completely falling apart under pressure, were on stark display last night. I don't think he has very long left in the NFL and that might be scaring the crap out of Bill.

How can it be pass interference when the moment Welker makes contact with Talib, the ball is already bouncing off of Thomas' chest? At worst it was bang bang which would make it a legal block. Now with that being said I think Welker was intentionally trying to pick him but I don't think he was trying to injure him and I don't think it was illegal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    Do we?

BS
    Not this past year, you can't pick when you're handing the ball off for a 1 inch gain :DeadHorse:

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It looks like Welker hit Talib shoulder to shoulder. Hey, good play for Wes Welker. This is two Championship Games in a row now that Talib couldn't finish. Last year Boldin broke out after Talib went down. Oh well, it's a part of the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Do you have the replay of the hit to Rodgers-Cromartie on the previous series?
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Edelman ran the same pick on DRC right before that. It was the exact same thing but since it's Bill's team that's okay.

Brady was also taking shots at Richard Sherman. The Patriots sure are talking a lot for a team that lost.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No it wasn't. That's a block, not a pick.

The receiver already had the ball. Arguably it's a crack back block. At most.
    And Bellicheat is complaining about that? It's called playing football and he's been around long enough to know
    that and see some of Tatum's dirty hits back in the 70s and 80s. Tatum was even called The Assassin, a
    name he proudly wore and he wrote a book about it with that title. Must reading for all football fans.

NE is such a pussy team with Marsha and Bellicheat.

Blog Entries

They just went into the Pats locker room where the guys are cleaning em out for the year. Interviewed a few guys about this and every one of them said Welker is just doing his job, not a big deal.

Got to be tough for bilicheat after the media had praised him and brady all week long before the game. To come out and lay a stinker of a game like that. You know, brady and bill owned Peyton and how brady was the better qb with more SB wins. Of course,this was before the cheating scandal. Always next year for bill and brady, according to te talking heads, the pats are young and will be a team to deal with. Brady better start throwing more in the off season, because yesterday he missed a lot of open players.
    Welker, well great players make game changing plays to help win. Ask Tony Siragusa what he did to rich gannon, it helped the Ravens win that game. LOL

Belicheat needs some cheese with his whine!