Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This Post-Season has sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    After last year, I don't think he'll smile til he has a Lombardi in hand.....and I'm kinda digging his humility/get business done attitude this year.
    To each his own. I guess I am more of a smile now because you may not smile later type of guy.

His demeanor kind of reminds me of SF before the game. They were all business. The Ravens were really loose. SF came out wound up so tight that it took an extended half time for them to regain composure and avoid being blown out.

I enjoyed the NFC game. Rooting for Seattle but Sherman needs to shut up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Seattle vs Niners was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best game of the post season. The way it ended on a great defensive play was just perfect

Blog Entries

I don't understand anybody who says they love football and didn't love those games yesterday. Especially the NFC game - awesome!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I guess we can't complain about not being in the playoffs having had a five-year run. It has been kind of fun to watch games with no vested interest (other than hating the Cheatriots, who lost, ha ha ha ha).
    I respect Seattle but don't appreciate Sherman's choke gesture. I hate the niners but Crabtree and JimHarb showed some class after losing (more than last year).
    Irresistable force vs immovable object (Peyton vs Seattle D). Looking forward to it.
    I wonder how the NFL justifies a game in NY and none in Baltimore, Phl, Pitt, etc. (I know that debate has been done but still...)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Rooting for Peyton to get the win, and I think with that he can legitimately make a claim for being the GOAT.

However, I don't have a great feeling about it. As much as I dislike cheating Pete Carroll, I have a feeling that Peyton is going to find it very tough against that Seattle secondary. I'm thinking the Seahawks win this in a tough, low scoring affair with Peyton throwing two or three picks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markdeerhunter View Post
    I enjoyed the NFC game. Rooting for Seattle but Sherman needs to shut up.
    At least count to 1,000 in Urdu before he opens his mouth. But I blame the fucking idiots at Fox** for having that chick (Erin Andrews?) shove a mike in his face right after he made the play of the game. Jeebus H. Cripes on a Harley, after that "choke" gesture, what the fuck did they think they were gonna get except attitude & testosterone? Then a few minutes later I catch a few seconds of Sherman with the panel & he sounds articulate & human...

** FTR, I may have issues with Fox over other things but I don't think any other network would have done things any different or better--they just happened to be the ones with the game.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

lob-
    I agree, I'll add my vote of "Possibly Stupidest Question(s) of the Year" when the clowns on the media go up to a very obviously disappointed coach, player, etc., after a huge loss and ask, "How do you feel?" I'm waiting for a response of, "Well, how the F(*&^ do you think I feel, you stupid twat?" Reminds me of vultures descending upon some poor family who's just lost a loved one or their house to a fire. The last thing they need is an asshole reporter asking inanities.

I thought that Harbaugh the Younger handled the hallway interview with the attractive black chick after their loss pretty well, and to her credit, she wasn't stupid with her questions. You could see Harbaugh was very measured in responding, she acknowledged it and kept the interview at an appropriate level, IMHO.

Blog Entries

Both Denver games were truly snoozefest. The Cincinnati game was a snoozefest. The Indy/NE game was a snoozefest. The NO/SEA game wasn't all that either. NO spent three quarters of the game trying to get out of its own way.

Last night's game was the one truly enjoyable game that had me not wanting to miss anything.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Excell-
    I know you're a tad younger than me, and you may not remember Jack Webb and Harry Morgan in "Dragnet", but as Gannon used to tell Friday when he was in the weeds, --
    "Here...have an egg, Joe. Eileen sent me two in my lunch!" ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Excell-
    I know you're a tad younger than me, and you may not remember Jack Webb and Harry Morgan in "Dragnet", but as Gannon used to tell Friday when he was in the weeds, --
    "Here...have an egg, Joe. Eileen sent me two in my lunch!" ;)
    Are you telling me to beat it Beau?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Nah. Every time Joe and Bill had a tough case, Joe would get wound. Bill would offer him a hard-boiled egg from his lunch as a way to say, "Easy, Joe, we'll get through this." ;)

I agree that some of the games have been less than exciting, but you gotta admit that some of them have been headbangers. I will say that without the Ravens, I'm just not as pumped about watching - hey, my team's not there! But as one example, it was kinda fun to watch Denver and NE go at each other, and SF-Sea was a pretty entertaining game with the hitting, and NOT seeing Kaepernik look a little dickish kissing his biceps.

I'm hoping that there's a power outage at MetLife on Feb. 2, and they have to cancel having a winner this year! ;)