Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl 48

Blog Entries

Re: Super Bowl 48

Seahawks opened as a slight favorite, then there was so much betting on Denver that it flipped. Now Denver is a slight favorite

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    I was hoping hard as hell for Broncos-49ers. We would have at least had a chance to at least keep the Lombardi in the Harbaugh family and I wanted to see Quan on the big stage again.
    Had the 49ers advanced we would have heard two weeks of storylines about how he helped get them back onto the big stage after being practically given away by the Ravens. No thanks, I've had quite enough of the Ravens bashing that the Q deal brought about. As for John's brother, I can't stand the guy. I personally could not give two shits about "keeping the Lombardi trophy in the Harbaugh family." Just my opinion.

As for the outcome of the game, I give the edge to Denver if the weather is reasonable. The Seahawks defense is pretty damn good, but I don't think they'll be able to completely shut down the offensive machine that is the Broncos. Seattle's offense also hasn't been great lately and the Broncos D has been playing very well. Add in the facts that Seattle is not the same team away from home and that the Broncos have a big advantage when it comes to big-game experience, especially at the QB position. If it's snowing or extremely cold however, I like Seattle. I still don't trust Peyton in winter conditions.

Blog Entries
    I think Seattle are going to destroy Manning. Boldin, Crabtree, Gore, and Davis couldn't do shit against that defense. The only real success the 9ers had offensively was through some big runs by Kaepernick, and Manning isn't going to be able to do that obviously. They may have some success here and there in the passing game, but Manning will throw picks and won't have any running game. The Seahawks will do enough offensively, Marshawn Lynch is just a freak, he will have success against any defense. This team is about as close as it gets to the 2000 Ravens, just with a better QB.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 01-20-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Lag, ignore this

Blog Entries

I'm really torn on this one.

My first thought tells me the Seahawks take it. But right now, I'd give them the edge by 50% - 49.9%

Blog Entries

Not torn on this one, apathetic.
    I'm not a NFL fan, I am a Ravens fan...
    Watched one game yesterday - San Fran because of the Bouldin and Harbaugh connection when they lost, my interest plummeted
    I have no strong urge to watch Denver vs the SuperSonics (what I called them is not a reviewable decision)
    I'll check in here following OC progress and gearing for the Ravens draft... this year's National Financial League season has ended for me.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Saw an interesting stat on the espn crawl this morning. It said that this is first time since Super bowl 25 that the #1 scoring offense and #1 scoring defense have met in the superbowl.

Overall Record of #1 scoring defense in the SB is 12-3
    Overall Record of #1 scoring offense in the SB is 10-8

Sounds like the odds are in Seattle's favor

On the lead up to the SB last year, all the focus turned to a garbage story about Ray Lewis and PEDs, after a 3 year old story about DEER ANTLER SPRAY was taken out and dusted off, and stamped with a new date. All the quotes were word for word verbatim from the old story, yet they changed the alleged date of the conversation. It was a flimsy piece of terrible journalism brought front and center by a magazine that was once THE premier sports weekly. Now, one year later, I expect Seattle's issues with PEDS, documented by the league mandated suspensions by the league to be fully explored.

I just realize the Seahawks and Broncos played in the preseason with the hawks winning 40-10. Doesn't mean much obviously

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Saw an interesting stat on the espn crawl this morning. It said that this is first time since Super bowl 25 that the #1 scoring offense and #1 scoring defense have met in the superbowl.

Except Denver's defense >> Seattle's offense (of late).

In the last 5 years the #1 scoring offense is 1-0 in SB's and the #1 scoring defense is 1-0 in SBs, but there seems from a glance to be more SB winners with semi-dubious defenses than offenses in the last decade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post

Another interesting stat : 48 can be evenly divided by 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24, and 1 of course. That's why it's my favorite number, it's so versatile... Bc

Fifteen day weather forecasts are about as useful as mock drafts in January, but for anyone who cares, this one is calling for rain early, temps in the 30's around game time. Nothing so far that would have a huge impact on the game.

Personally I'm rooting for whiteout conditions with temps in the single digits, so this Godforsaken outdoor Super Bowl experiment can be laid to rest, and all future Super Bowls can be played in the City of New Orleans.
    "Chin up, chest out."