Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ricky Wagner

Blog Entries

Re: Ricky Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    ... Pashos is the only O-lineman I've ever seen the Ravens draft who became a solid starter for the Ravens after doing nothing as a rookie...
    IIRC, Art Modell said (paraphrasing) 'draftees should be starting by their third year.' Pashos became the starting RT in his 4th, so we lost him to FA (Jags)... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jason Brown only started one game in his rookie year. He ended up being a dominant center/guard for us.
    I'm not saying it can't happen because it has but what I don't get is the blind faith in the unknown. Hopefully Wagner turns out to be something but I doubt even the coaches are counting on that happening. They'll coach him up, work him hard and hope for the best.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I think there are many more examples of what you are saying than not, but Gaither and Rabach come to mind. Gaither did nothing in 2007 and was then very good for 2 seasons. But you could add Harewood, Rimpf to the following the rookie year category. Not sure where you would put Chester, but 2008-10 Chester would have been a godsend to the 2013 Ravens.
    I was going off the top of my head so I'm sure there are. What I don't see though is the front office changing their draft or free agency plans because of Ricky Wagner. He'll be in the mix with some others for that job

Blog Entries

He may be back next year but he's got a lot to improve. Something tells me there may be wholesale changes on this line

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I don't see this scenario happening. If Oher is resigned, he's the starter. What I can see is Oher leaving, then Wagner will be given the chance to start, but there will be some sort of competition not currently on the team... Bc
    If Oher is re-signed it will be because they don't have better options. Oher is a known commodity. He has one season under Castillo and the coaches might have some comfort with him vs. a veteran who is not familiar with Castillo and his schemes. If he does stay, I think Wagner will be given an opportunity to push him for the starting job. If Oher goes they should bring in a vet to compete for the position with Wagner. Either way they will NOT just hand Wagner the job.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I could see a vet coming in on a cheap 1 year deal to compete with him. I'd love to say a Montogomery or someone that might be a cap casualty. But it would really depend on what other deals get done. Honestly I see RT as the least of our worries or focus. WR, C, FS, TE, DT IF we cannot resign Jones being what is def changed and addressed, prob in that order also. Yes I'm given the Fact that Monroe and Pitta will both def be back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I know, and we lined Brown up in the slot as well. I thought you meant you wanted him exclusively in the slot. His height is ideal for the outside, but he would be a nice matchup in the slot sometimes.
    Gotcha.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I hope that Wagner works out, but the Ravens need to have lots of depth. IMHO I would resign Monroe, then take a tackle wth the 1 or 2nd pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    I hope that Wagner works out, but the Ravens need to have lots of depth. IMHO I would resign Monroe, then take a tackle wth the 1 or 2nd pick.
    This is one reason why hitting on draft day is so important. IF the Ravens sign Monroe, and had Jah Reid (3rd rounder in 2011) worked out @ RT... then Wager could be developed as a swing-OT back-up instead of possibly the starter with Oher wearing another uniform... Bc