Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Maybe Joe isn't quite Tom Brady, but after reading this, I'm still glad he's our guy.

Complex-
    You make a decent argument about Brady, but he's also the only NFL QB I know of who ever tried to kick Ed Reed in the nuts. Not that I know Brady personally, but IMHO, that incident tells me a lot about the guy.

Re: Maybe Joe isn't quite Tom Brady, but after reading this, I'm still glad he's our guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Brady did not come across smarmy or conceited. The guy asked him a question and he answered it honestly. It seems to me he is thankful for what he has.
    This. The premise of the thread was to compare Average Joe with Prissy Tommy by using a pretty straight forward comment by Brady that really doesn't smack of arrogance or conceit at all. It's not like Brady initiated the topic and then said something like, "Look how awesome I am. Don't you wish you were me?" It came across more as, "You're right. I'm a pretty fortunate guy to have had all these things happen in my life."

Blog Entries

I won't lie if i was that good and that paid i would be probably be pretty arrogant, nut thats the reason why God never blessed me with those kinds of riches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Complex-
    You make a decent argument about Brady, but he's also the only NFL QB I know of who ever tried to kick Ed Reed in the nuts. Not that I know Brady personally, but IMHO, that incident tells me a lot about the guy.
    Beau, I hate to say it, but there were times (when Ed Reed opened his mouth) that I felt like kicking him in the nuts too... Bc

Bc-
    Knowing you as a man of conviction with honor, I'd say you'd be justified! ;)

When Brady kicked at Reed, however, Ed was just doing his job. The league fine pretty much confirms my opinion that Brady's a whiner AND a wanker.

TC, thank you so much for linking that TMZ video. That is priceless, and exactly like he was when I bumped into him at a pizza place. He is a prince.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I don't think it is fair to judge a guy based on one incident when everything else about him says otherwise. Was it dumb to kick Ed like that? Obviously. I have done stupid, spontaneous things before without thinking, but I am consider myself a nice guy and I regret doing them.

At this point, we won't have to worry about seeing the guy for awhile. He is no doubt on a personal plane on his way to some exotic local with his millionaire-hottie wife drinking mimosas.

Complex-

Complex,
    Ahh, don't worry, mon ami, we consider you a nice guy, too! :)

Like I said before, though, I don't know the guy so it's unfair for me too judge his entire character based on what I see on TV and hear in the media. I'd just prefer to see less body language whining from the guy.

Based on TV, brady looked bad yesterday and those TV shots oh him sitting on the bench were priceless. His throws were off and he cost the pats a chance to win. He has to take the good with the bad, part of life. His off field life is his own, but on TV, he is fair game. Losing yesterday is karma for him ruining many a teams hope of beating the pats.

I did not think think you were judging him, I just meant football fans in general. Thanks for the comment! :)

Complex,
    Ahh, don't worry, mon ami, we consider you a nice guy, too! :)

Like I said before, though, I don't know the guy so it's unfair for me too judge his entire character based on what I see on TV and hear in the media. I'd just prefer to see less body language whining from the guy.