Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Wagner

Ricky Wagner

I'm optimistic that Ricky Wagner can succeed as the starting RT for the Ravens in 2014. He received a +2.2 grade for his run-blocking when inserted. And while he did receive a -2.5 grade in pass-protection you also have to look at the fact he was playing his first game, unexpectedly, and had to line up against Shaun Phillips. At the very least, he can't be worse than Oher was this year.

Re: Ricky Wagner

And he now has a year in Juan's system. I can definitely see him being the starter at RT next year, barring injury.

I think he could start. At worst, he could be a very valuable swing guy as the 1st Olineman off of the bench. Wisconsin Olineman make good pros. They are smart and they continue developing.

Not sure. I hope he can win the starting job but I doubt they will hand it to him. If Oher leaves I think they need to sign a veteran RT and then let Wagner compete for the job. If Oher stays I would hope that Wagner can push for the starting job.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

The Ravens are probably going to invest good money in the offense this off-season. However, there will have to be some spots where they are able to go cheap and develop young players. With that in mind, Ricky Wagner will get every opportunity to earn the RT spot.

Marlon Brown is another example of where they may be able to go cheap if they could develop him in the slot.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Ravens are probably going to invest good money in the offense this off-season. However, there will have to be some spots where they are able to go cheap and develop young players. With that in mind, Ricky Wagner will get every opportunity to earn the RT spot.

Marlon Brown is another example of where they may be able to go cheap if they could develop him in the slot.
    Brown in the slot? He's 6'5".

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

I hope they don't "go cheap" on either of the tackle positions. I realize that there is only so much cap money, and there are so many good veteran players available, but based on the state of the Ravens presser, I think Ozzie is going use allot of his available resources to rebuild this O line.

I see Wagner as being a good depth tackle since he can play either RT or LT. IMO they need to get Monroe re-signed, sign a veteran RT, use Wagner as depth, and then draft another tackle to build for the future.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I read the same thing about Cousins, Reid, Hale and even said the same things about Adam Terry and Tony Pashos. Pashos is the only O-lineman I've ever seen the Ravens draft who became a solid starter for the Ravens after doing nothing as a rookie. No one knows if Wagner will develop into anything and that includes the coaches themselves. They are all hopeful just as they were they other guys but I'm not expecting anything. I've just seen too many of these threads over the past 15 years and they all sound the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I read the same thing about Cousins, Reid, Hale and even said the same things about Adam Terry and Tony Pashos. Pashos is the only O-lineman I've ever seen the Ravens draft who became a solid starter for the Ravens after doing nothing as a rookie. No one knows if Wagner will develop into anything and that includes the coaches themselves. They are all hopeful just as they were they other guys but I'm not expecting anything. I've just seen too many of these threads over the past 15 years and they all sound the same.
    Jason Brown only started one game in his rookie year. He ended up being a dominant center/guard for us.

There's no way anyone here can say whether he'll be a successful starter or not based on watching what he did this year. The sample size is way too small.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

If FilmStudy has hope for him than so do I.

Blog Entries

I think there's a pretty good chance that he's the RT next year. Whether it's a success or a failure, we won't know until this time next year, but I'm guessing we'll get to find out. I think the FA OL money is going to be spent on Monroe and a veteran, starting caliber C.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52