Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Finally, Instant Replay is Done Right

I am against the single challenge, and if the challenge is sustained and then only one more.

If a challenge is sustained, then challenges should be allowed until one is denied.

If the Officiating crew is getting enough calls WRONG, that teams end up with multiple sustained challenges - the Officiating crew needs a period of 're-education' or termination.

Blog Entries

There is no such thing as bad publicity. The down right ridiculous calls add an extra element to the game. Something extra to talk about at the water cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    It's being done right.......In college football.
    Close plays are reviewed upstairs. No coaches challenges, no strategy about losing timeouts. If the NCAA can do it, the NFL can do it.
    I really think that the NFL is too arrogant to ever adopt a system that was perfected by another group. The college system of replay is very good, but I doubt we'll ever see it on Sundays

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I really think that the NFL is too arrogant to ever adopt a system that was perfected by another group. The college system of replay is very good, but I doubt we'll ever see it on Sundays
    Well, the NFL did adopt the 2 point conversion... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Well, the NFL did adopt the 2 point conversion... Bc
    And the NCAA overtime rules.

Blog Entries

We all saw the play where Bowman ripped the ball away cleanly and then went to the ground (and had his lower leg rolled on).

The league said that play was not reviewable. Are they going to fix that issue? The goal should be go get it right. Why shouldn't they review it?

That has to change also IMO. Get the calls right

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

R-title--
    Agree, and even more puzzling is, how did one or more of the officials NOT see that Bowman clearly possessed the ball as the play evolved? At first (watching it live and obviously on TV), I thought maybe there was more "confusion", but after watching the replay, it looked like there were some pretty clear lines of sight as to what happened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    R-title--
    Agree, and even more puzzling is, how did one or more of the officials NOT see that Bowman clearly possessed the ball as the play evolved? At first (watching it live and obviously on TV), I thought maybe there was more "confusion", but after watching the replay, it looked like there were some pretty clear lines of sight as to what happened.
    I saw it live and said - that's 9ers ball. Took them a while to replay and see that he had it cleanly but then they said it's not reviewable.

The goal should be to get the calls right, not lose on a technicality. I hope they fix this

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    ... The goal should be to get the calls right, not lose on a technicality. I hope they fix this
    100% agree. With today's technology they can just about single out a blade of grass, so why are there non-reviewable plays? Especially since one play can turn a game around... Bc