Haloti skips the Pro Bowl

According to the Ravens official site Haloti skipped the Pro Bowl because he and his wife will be taking a trip to Hawaii as they are expecting the birth of their third son.
    1. Congrats to them on the birth of their son.
    2. Personally I would turn down playing in the Pro Bowl on the basis of It's a waste of time.

Re: Haloti skips the Pro Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    According to the Ravens official site Haloti skipped the Pro Bowl because he and his wife will be taking a trip to Hawaii as they are expecting the birth of their third son.
    2. Personally I would turn down playing in the Pro Bowl on the basis of It's a waste of time.
    You mean they're not going to Hawaii. If they were planning to come anyway, he might as well just play.

Didn't he get hurt the last time he was at the pro bowl ?

Blog Entries

Now Ngata and I have something in common... Bc

What, no Pro Bowl or Child #3 on the way?

Personally I would turn down playing in the Pro Bowl on the basis of It's a waste of time.
    I think players that were selected have to have a legitimate reason to bail on the game or take a big hit to their wallets in the form of a fine. "The game sucks" isn't a legitimate reason in Roger's opinion.

I don't think so. As a fan, I enjoy watching the players have some fun outside of the seriousness and focused control of the NFL. I am sure the players enjoy it too. They seem to have fun, andthey get to hang out in Hawaii doing what they love for fun for once. Many of these guys are friends too. And players may say what they want; I would believe the majority of the players like going and are disappointed if they think they have chance and don't make it. To do well at your job and to be happy to be recognized for it is human nature. It is true, it does not matter in the grand scheme of things, but it is a good time. I will gladly and eagerly watch.

Blog Entries

My take on "All Star" games :

Baseball is the very best. NBA and NHL are pretty good shows too. NFL Pro Bowl is such a waste of time, that I won't even watch it... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    My take on "All Star" games :

Baseball is the very best. NBA and NHL are pretty good shows too. NFL Pro Bowl is such a waste of time, that I won't even watch it... Bc
    Plus this year it is a lame, hokey take on "Fantasy Football" - which itself [F.F] is a negative development for the game. I know a lot of people on here play and/or dig it - more power to you and you can have my share of it.

I barely have the time and energy to follow "Reality Football" even if I limit myself largely to one team, Division, and Conference.