View Poll Results: Who Will be the Ravens OC?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Norv Turner

27 18.62%
  • Kyle Shanahan

27 18.62%
  • Gary Kubiak

33 22.76%
  • Joe Lombardi

2 1.38%
  • Jim Hostler

41 28.28%
  • Chud

8 5.52%
  • Ben McAdoo

7 4.83%
Page 3 of 224 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Who Will the Ravens Hire to be OC?

JLC speculating...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
    Can't help but wonder if Ravens look for an OC in Cleveland, whether it be Norv Turner or fired head coach Rob Chudzinski
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I believe harbs thinks our problem was execution which means promote within because system is fine (even though stats tell different over the years)

Now if the big boss has a say he might think what a great time for a change which would mean new blood.

iggyman555 Guest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Vonta Leach just retweeted that the team should bring in Kubiak FWIW
    Too bad Leach wouldn't be on the team to play for him

My personal top choice is Kubiak...by far.

I also like Norv and Kyle a lot.

Don't know much about Lombardi, but just coming from an organization like the Saints is attractive.

Chud also has some success that I've liked.

Unfortunately, I really think the choice will be to promote Hostler.

I just hope they at least...at least interview some of these other guys. I wanted us to do that last year instead of just handing the job to Caldwell. At least now with us not being in the playoffs, there is no reason not to at least look around. And if after you do that, if Hostler is still looked at as the top choice, I can't be too upset with that.

But if they don't even bother looking at all possibilities, I'll be pretty pissed....and it better work for Harbs sake.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Maybe they surprise everyone and target someone in the college ranks.

Someone that I've never heard anyone talk about is Philip Montgomery, the OC from Baylor. Art Briles is probably never leaving there; especially for anything less than a HC job somewhere. However, Montgomery might...he has a pretty nice resume as well.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-...ry_350366.html
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

True, but with the Ravens in play, I'd like to think we'd be a pretty attractive draw to a coach. Tannehill < Flacco, in my opinion, and the Ravens organization is very well respected.

The only thing I think Dolphins have over us (other than climate) is that Philbin and McAdoo have a previous relationship, with McAdoo as TE coach under Philbin as OC.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    That's be the popular opinion. I'd love to see Joe Lombardi or McAdoo...even the younger Shanahan. But, the x factor is we have no idea what the people in charge really want to do.

We all want to pencil Harbaugh in as hiring his buddies or not hiring guys who could be his replacements, etc. But we really have no idea what he's going to do.
    Things dont change with the offense he wont have to be worried about who he hires, theyll all be fired.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco Machado View Post
    I said Gary Kubiak.
    Me too. He's pretty good with QBs on top of being an OC. Him or Norv.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe they surprise everyone and target someone in the college ranks.

Someone that I've never heard anyone talk about is Philip Montgomery, the OC from Baylor. Art Briles is probably never leaving there; especially for anything less than a HC job somewhere. However, Montgomery might...he has a pretty nice resume as well.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-...ry_350366.html
    I don't follow college sports a lot, but whoever we gets would NEED to bring a pro style offense with him. The whole plus of bringing in a new guy is a fresh, complete system. I don't want a guy coming in here and trying to turn us into a read option team or something like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Too bad Leach wouldn't be on the team to play for him
    Probably trying to campaign for a roster spot. I dont see how hes back but atleast Kubiak would be familiar with him to consider it.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by countryroads View Post
    I believe harbs thinks our problem was execution which means promote within
    Maybe... but remember.. Caldwell now needs his own staff in Detroit. (Assuming Detroit gives him the reigns on hiring/firing his own staff). So expect some position coaches to go with him. That's the way this usually works.