Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Kaepernick is a Jerk / Richard Sherman is a Jerk

It makes me sick to think about the nation setting aside our rivalry with Pittsburgh for this fake, left coast, hippie area rivalry between SEA and San Fran.

NO WAY is that better than what we have. And talk about more douche players on BOTH teams than you can count on one hand. I hate the Steelers but at least both our teams fight with grown men and real toughness. Not these punks on these two teams.

Re: Kaepernick is a Jerk / Richard Sherman is a Jerk

Its the best rivalry in the NFL right now. If the Ravens and Steelers wanted to be the best maybe they should have made the playoffs, but they didn't.

Also, both Baltimore and Pittsburgh have their fair share of douchebag players.
    Last edited by cjandrze; 01-13-2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

Both the Seahawks and 49ers are better than the Ravens and the Steelers. That's why it's better this year. If the Ravens and Steelers improve that will change. As a NFL fan I'm excited to see the 2 best defensive teams in the NFL battle it out in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Os &NattyBohs View Post
    It makes me sick to think about the nation setting aside our rivalry with Pittsburgh for this fake, left coast, hippie area rivalry between SEA and San Fran.

NO WAY is that better than what we have. And talk about more douche players on BOTH teams than you can count on one hand. I hate the Steelers but at least both our teams fight with grown men and real toughness. Not these punks on these two teams.
    I'll agree that Kaep is a douche (Sherman seems more like a real-life internet troll, but an entertaining one at least)

However, for this season at least, SF-SEA really is the premiere rivalry. There's bad blood between both teams, the coaches have a history of hating each other, and unlike BAL-PIT, both teams were actually good this season and are playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't count us or Pitts out though - I'd guess we'll both be back in postseason contention sooner rather than later.

The nation?!?!?! Come on.

Niner v. Seahawk rivalry has been going on longer than ours with Pittsburgh and is just as intense for their fans as our rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    As a NFL fan I'm excited to see the 2 best defensive teams in the NFL battle it out in Seattle.
    Agreed totally, i was rooting for this matchup since the post-season began

Both are in their prime and want as much coverage as possible. Their dollar value goes up with each game they win and all nfl players want the big contract. Going to be tough to keep those teams intact after this year. Best teams playing now, whether you agree or not, let them beat the crap out of one another. Nfl has to be happy how this season has played out so far. Pretty quiet here in Baltimore, nothing like last year. You know, the reigning SB champs that made the talking heads and nfl feel miserable. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The nation?!?!?! Come on.

Niner v. Seahawk rivalry has been going on longer than ours with Pittsburgh and is just as intense for their fans as our rivalry.
    I know the Seat-49er rivalry is really intense now, but I don't see how it's been a long term rivalry.

9. Re: Kaepernick is a Jerk / Richard Sherman is a Jerk

Houston Raven - That's not even remotely accurate. Seattle was an AFC team until about 12 years ago. And if you want to be technical we were the Browns at one point, and never changed divisions, much less conferences.

This whole "Seattle great fans thing" is only about 3 or 4 years old. It's manufactured.

Blog Entries

I'm sure their fans were saying the same thing about Ray Lewis and Ben Roethlisberger.

This is going to be a great defensive game. Real hard hitting football.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

There might actually be room for more than 1 good rivalry in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Os &NattyBohs View Post
    Houston Raven - That's not even remotely accurate. Seattle was an AFC team until about 12 years ago. And if you want to be technical we were the Browns at one point, and never changed divisions, much less conferences.

This whole "Seattle great fans thing" is only about 3 or 4 years old. It's manufactured.
    Ah. My bad. Totally forgot about the conference switch.

Still, it's an intense rivalry nonetheless. I have family in the Seattle area and they loathe the Niners with every fiber of their being.

You're incorrect about the 12th man characterization and the timing. They adopted that almost a decade a ago. I distinctly remember the team starting to fly a 12 flag on the Space Needle many years ago.