Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Kaepernick is a Jerk / Richard Sherman is a Jerk

It does underline why they need to keep the playoff structure in tact, with the division winners being the highest seeds. It creates rivalries like this. SEA and SF went in to this season knowing they might be the two best teams in the NFC, but they had to win the division or go on the road. It makes every game between the two so important and so intense.

It's also a big reason why Ravens/Steelers is such a great rivalry.
    "Chin up, chest out."

For those in the know, was Steeler-Colts a big rivalry back in the day?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Both the Seahawks and 49ers are better than the Ravens and the Steelers. That's why it's better this year. If the Ravens and Steelers improve that will change. As a NFL fan I'm excited to see the 2 best defensive teams in the NFL battle it out in Seattle.
    This.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    For those in the know, was Steeler-Colts a big rivalry back in the day?
    Not really. The Colts were on the tail end of their run by the time the Steelers started getting good. The Raiders were the Steelers chief rival during that era, although no one matched their consistency at that time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Seattle has had the loudest fans for decades, even when they sucked that crowd was loud.

As for Richard Sherman, he's the man. If for nothing else ~ this:

YOU MAD BRO?
    Haha good one. I remember when they played in the Kingdome. That place was insane.

Blog Entries

I don't know how you can hate Richard Sherman. He talks shit but he's probably the best corner in the nfl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It does underline why they need to keep the playoff structure in tact, with the division winners being the highest seeds. It creates rivalries like this. SEA and SF went in to this season knowing they might be the two best teams in the NFC, but they had to win the division or go on the road. It makes every game between the two so important and so intense.

It's also a big reason why Ravens/Steelers is such a great rivalry.
    I don't see the correlation. Even if they take away the automatic home game for division winners, duking it out still would have been important. That structure wouldn't have impacted this rivalry at all except the 49ers would have gotten one more game at candlestick, instead of having to go to the frozen tundra.

I have always believed that your reward for winning your division is an automatic playoff berth, one that you could get over a team with a better record, like the Packers getting in over the Cards. You should have to have a great conference record to get a home game.

Blog Entries

I like it. Not sure why some of you guys have to hate on other teams; think about the way they play and the style that you prefer and roll with one of them :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

From a Baltimore point of view, I think the Ravens-Steelers rivalry has cooled a bit because both teams are pretty even now. Steelers had the upper hand on us for several years, but we've been closing the gap in the past few years, and both teams are even in Super Bowl victories (2) during the existence of both teams. From our perspective, I think it was more intense when we were trying to "settle the score" over all of those years.

Blog Entries

Another reason I root for Richard Sherman:

Sherman Punks Fans on Bourbon Street at last year's Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The nation?!?!?! Come on.

Niner v. Seahawk rivalry has been going on longer than ours with Pittsburgh and is just as intense for their fans as our rivalry.
    I dunno. Our rivalry was always billed as one of the top if not the top ones in the NFL. There was a Monday Night Game between the two years ago and Madden said, man, this is like a playoff game with all the hitting and intensity from both teams. Niners and Seahawks never had that intensity and both Piss and Ravens usually make the POs every year. SF just got good when HARBs got there.

As for Niners, I don't like them and never liked Jim HARBs. What a pussy. He's still bitching about Jimmy Smith's no hold call and so are some of the players. Jim also said something to Schartz of Det couple of years ago after a game and Schwartz ran down the field to grab him and had to be separated from him by the players. He's a real snot and in a power struggle now with Trent, the GM.

I'm definitely pulling for Seahawks since they were robbed of a Lombardi by the Refs when they played Squeelers years ago but Pete Carroll is no saint either leaving USC in ruins after investigations and NCAA sanctions for recruiting violations. He jumped ship real fast and went to Seattle during the critical recruitment period and took 3 assistants with him. That
    didn't sit too well with the boosters and faithful fans.

From Yahoo:

Pete Carroll has left USC to deal with recruiting violations on their own and received a healthy contract from the Seattle Seahawks. As the head coach of USC, Carroll earned 7 Pac 10 titles and two national championships with a winning record of 97-19.
    Carroll also leaves USC football on the precipice of a downturn. Not only the NCAA breathing down USC's neck, in regards to recruiting violations but an offense that stumbled through the 2009 NCAA season, Carroll is jumping a sinking ship. Leaving USC at the most critical time of recruiting, as scholarship commitments have to be announced by January 15th can't sit well with the USC faithful.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-13-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    As for Niners, I don't like them and never liked Jim HARBs. What a pussy. He's still bitching about Jimmy Smith's no hold call and so are some of the players. Jim also said something to Schartz of Det couple of years ago after a game and Schwartz ran down the field to grab him and had to be separated from him by the players. He's a real snot and in a power struggle now with Trent, the GM.
    This made me feel warm all over.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎