Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 193
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,394

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin



    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Boldin would have helped the running game or the 4th quarter defense.
    ?????

    Typo?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,364
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    ?????

    Typo?
    Most likely.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #15

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I saw him wide open several times during this game. It's all about play designs. The Ravens lack NFL caliber offensive coaching, whereas the 49ers possess good play caller, hence Boldin open several times in the middle of the field, the seams, and even BEHIND the secondary for a big play.
    It helps that SF could run the ball, too. Hell the Ravens couldn't run the ball against the Cover 2. When you cant run against base pass defense formations, you don't have a pray. Boldin would have had problems getting open against defenses that had no regard for the run threat.

    I think an average vet center would have been the biggest difference.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 01-12-2014 at 05:01 PM.




  4. #16

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I saw him wide open several times during this game. It's all about play designs. The Ravens lack NFL caliber offensive coaching, whereas the 49ers possess good play caller, hence Boldin open several times in the middle of the field, the seams, and even BEHIND the secondary for a big play.
    When your QB has ample time to throw, which Punkernick does, most receivers will eventually get open. I was referring to the initial point of contact. Joe was under constant pressure, and if he were to wait for Boldin to separate, it'd be sack time. Now, Boldin does win the one-on-one battles because of his strength, which may have helped us, but not by much.




  5. #17

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    And if we are playing the 20/20 hindsight game, Boldin wouldn't have seen the opportunities that he did early in the season had Crabtree not gotten injured. My advice is to FORGET IT AND MOVE ON. His presence wouldn't have helped us much this year.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,548

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    I think it's great to see Anquan do his thing. Congrats to him for getting to his 3rd straight Conference Championship.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  7. #19

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    His presence wouldn't have helped us much this year.
    Lol


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  8. #20

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Lol


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Insightful.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,019

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I saw him wide open several times during this game. It's all about play designs. The Ravens lack NFL caliber offensive coaching, whereas the 49ers possess good play caller, hence Boldin open several times in the middle of the field, the seams, and even BEHIND the secondary for a big play.

    This. Although I still don't think we make the playoffs with him. Our offensive line was, well, offensive.




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,579
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    probably would have
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,019

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    ?????

    Typo?
    Sarcasm, maybe.




  12. #24

    Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Insightful.
    We just had an old and decrepit Dallas Clark as our slot guy for 3/4ths of the season...but no, Boldin wouldn't have made a difference.

    Lmao.

    Let's be real here...I'll give my POV, but first, I want to get a couple things straight at the top so that people don't misconstrue what I'm saying.

    1. For those that say the offensive line was the primary reasons for our struggles, you are absolutely right. However, please don't act like they were the only reason we didn't make the playoffs and no other position playing better wouldn't have made any difference.

    2. Piggybacking off of #1, in no way am I saying that simply having Boldin would have had us in the Super Bowl. The OL problems definitely would have prevented that.

    3. If your argument is simply Cap/money related...I'm not going to debate that. I disagree with it and feel that the roster could have been configured differently which would have allowed for many of the same moves, but it is what it is...at least that argument has some logic behind it as opposed to the others.

    However, to watch what Boldin did in the playoffs last year as well as what he did during this season, and say he wouldn't have made a difference during a season where our offense was as bad as it was...losing multiple games by one score is silly...and while the OL bears most of the blame, it doesn't have all of it. Many, many times our guys couldn't get open for Joe, many times balls bounced off the receivers hands for INT's, many times when we needed guys to make the big catches when guys were draped over them they didn't...our receivers left a lot of plays on the field in June middle of everything and all blame being put on the offensive line.

    It sounds like some are just tired of hearing people complain about it, so they just jump to "he wouldn't have made a difference anyway" statements that frankly don't have much logic.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland