Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Would we have made it to the playoffs with Boldin

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Boldin would have helped the running game or the 4th quarter defense.
    ?????

Typo?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    ?????

Typo?
    Most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I saw him wide open several times during this game. It's all about play designs. The Ravens lack NFL caliber offensive coaching, whereas the 49ers possess good play caller, hence Boldin open several times in the middle of the field, the seams, and even BEHIND the secondary for a big play.
    It helps that SF could run the ball, too. Hell the Ravens couldn't run the ball against the Cover 2. When you cant run against base pass defense formations, you don't have a pray. Boldin would have had problems getting open against defenses that had no regard for the run threat.

I think an average vet center would have been the biggest difference.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 01-12-2014 at 06:01 PM.

I saw him wide open several times during this game. It's all about play designs. The Ravens lack NFL caliber offensive coaching, whereas the 49ers possess good play caller, hence Boldin open several times in the middle of the field, the seams, and even BEHIND the secondary for a big play.
    When your QB has ample time to throw, which Punkernick does, most receivers will eventually get open. I was referring to the initial point of contact. Joe was under constant pressure, and if he were to wait for Boldin to separate, it'd be sack time. Now, Boldin does win the one-on-one battles because of his strength, which may have helped us, but not by much.

And if we are playing the 20/20 hindsight game, Boldin wouldn't have seen the opportunities that he did early in the season had Crabtree not gotten injured. My advice is to FORGET IT AND MOVE ON. His presence wouldn't have helped us much this year.

I think it's great to see Anquan do his thing. Congrats to him for getting to his 3rd straight Conference Championship.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    His presence wouldn't have helped us much this year.
    Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Lol

Insightful.

Blog Entries

This. Although I still don't think we make the playoffs with him. Our offensive line was, well, offensive.

Blog Entries

probably would have

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    ?????

Typo?
    Sarcasm, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Insightful.
    We just had an old and decrepit Dallas Clark as our slot guy for 3/4ths of the season...but no, Boldin wouldn't have made a difference.

Lmao.

Let's be real here...I'll give my POV, but first, I want to get a couple things straight at the top so that people don't misconstrue what I'm saying.

1. For those that say the offensive line was the primary reasons for our struggles, you are absolutely right. However, please don't act like they were the only reason we didn't make the playoffs and no other position playing better wouldn't have made any difference.

2. Piggybacking off of #1, in no way am I saying that simply having Boldin would have had us in the Super Bowl. The OL problems definitely would have prevented that.

3. If your argument is simply Cap/money related...I'm not going to debate that. I disagree with it and feel that the roster could have been configured differently which would have allowed for many of the same moves, but it is what it is...at least that argument has some logic behind it as opposed to the others.

However, to watch what Boldin did in the playoffs last year as well as what he did during this season, and say he wouldn't have made a difference during a season where our offense was as bad as it was...losing multiple games by one score is silly...and while the OL bears most of the blame, it doesn't have all of it. Many, many times our guys couldn't get open for Joe, many times balls bounced off the receivers hands for INT's, many times when we needed guys to make the big catches when guys were draped over them they didn't...our receivers left a lot of plays on the field in June middle of everything and all blame being put on the offensive line.

It sounds like some are just tired of hearing people complain about it, so they just jump to "he wouldn't have made a difference anyway" statements that frankly don't have much logic.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.