Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Andrew Luck is not elite ...

Fuck the "Elite" rhetoric.

Is Andrew Luck good enough to help get his team to the post-season? YES.

Do teams have to get to the post-season to earn a shot at the Super Bowl? YES.

Is Andrew Luck good enough to win a Super Bowl? TBD.

I can think of several other teams that would love to have Andrew Luck as their QB. That includes teams with a current decent-to-good starting QB as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    I start to wonder if your better off letting your QB walk after striking gold with them on their first contract and getting a decent game manager or draft one on the cheap. Then using all the rest of the resources on surrounding him with a great Oline and some playmakers. There may come a time this happens as teams become more handcuffed down the road. I think there is a very good chance of that. Unless they really increase the cap there is really no choice.
    That's actually a great point. My worry would be all the pain it takes to find a good QB. Recall all the failures - Kyle Boller, Scott Mitchell, Stoney Case, Jeff Blake, Elvis Grbac, Anthony Wright. You could be wasting valuable years with other great players if you can't find a QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I can think of several other teams that would love to have Andrew Luck as their QB. That includes teams with a current decent-to-good starting QB as well.
    7 picks in two playoff games. Luck sucks. No doubt about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    7 picks in two playoff games. Luck sucks. No doubt about it.
    It happens. Defenses get paid to play as well and the Chiefs and Pats defenses are pretty good.

The point is, Luck is good enough to get the Colts (who have very little talent around him) into the playoffs and beat a pretty damn good Chiefs team in the playoffs.

When you look at the big picture (which hardly anyone is), Luck is pretty damn good for being in his 2nd year.

Blog Entries

So no one is allowed to critique a quarterback in this league within being called insecure? How ridiculous.

It's a what have you done for me lately league. Baltimore fans know that all to well. The fact is Luck sucked bigtime in the playoffs and has yet to win anything. Therefore he sucks.
    you should be an analyst

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

It happens. Defenses get paid to play as well and the Chiefs and Pats defenses are pretty good.

The point is, Luck is good enough to get the Colts (who have very little talent around him) into the playoffs and beat a pretty damn good Chiefs team in the playoffs.

When you look at the big picture (which hardly anyone is), Luck is pretty damn good for being in his 2nd year.
    I understand what you are saying.

I just remember all the crap Flacco got thrown his way until he won the big one. In regards to Joe Flacco it truly was a what have you done for me lately league. All the playoff wins and big throws, including a dropped Lee Evans Super Bowl pass, and Flacoo still caught a lot of shit.

So fair is fair, Luck will get the same treatment from me until he wins one. He did suck in these playoffs. So as far as I'm concerned he sucks until he does what Joe did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    you should be an analyst
    Sad to say but compared to a lot of these "experts" on ESPN and NFL channel I could be an analyst.

Blog Entries

Agreed. I'm really sick of the elite crap and qb rankings in general. Really it comes down to who gets the job done. I think luck has the talent to win a sb. He just needs to cut down on the big mistakes. He makes way too many bad throws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I understand what you are saying.

I just remember all the crap Flacco got thrown his way until he won the big one. In regards to Joe Flacco it truly was a what have you done for me lately league. All the playoff wins and big throws, including a dropped Lee Evans Super Bowl pass, and Flacoo still caught a lot of shit.

So fair is fair, Luck will get the same treatment from me until he wins one. He did suck in these playoffs. So as far as I'm concerned he sucks until he does what Joe did.
    And I think most level-headed fans that know a thing-er-two about football were all clearly stating that Flacco was a good QB.

The term "elite" is so overused and over-analyzed.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 15m

After leading 49ers to victory in GB, Colin Kaepernick has two postseason road wins - one more than Joe Montana and Steve Young combined.
    That's not saying much because Montana was too busy gaining home field advantage on his way to winning 3 championships.

Luck is going to be good QB for a long time. I don't know of any quarterback in the last 30 years who was considered "elite" in his 2nd year in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    That's not saying much because Montana was too busy gaining home field advantage on his way to winning 3 championships.
    4 even :)