Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 161718

Re: AFC Divisional - Colts vs Cheatriots

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I don't understand your logic when looking at all the teams in the division. All divisional teams play each other, so the 2nd-4th place teams will all have .500 records against each other; and all 2nd place teams play other 2nd place teams, 3rd place teams play 3rd place teams, etc outside the division. If the AFC East was so weak, then the out of division games would be harder for them, resulting in a worse record.
    It was a question, the nfl schedules who they play based on w-l record right? NE gets 5-6 wins in division, only needs 3-4 more wins to take division. Other teams in that division play teams that are average with . 500 or below wins on the year. Weak schedule gives then a chance to win.

Corrected my mistake, sorry for making some think about it. LOL
    Last edited by lovefootball; 01-12-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    It was a question, the nfl schedules who they play based on w-l record right? NE gets 6-7 wins in division, only needs 3-4 more wins to take division. Other teams in that division play teams that are average with . 500 or below wins on the year. Weak schedule gives then a chance to win.
    But the AFC East teams aren't as weak as some people think. According to their records, and not including the division winner, the AFC East teams have better records in 7 of the last 12 years compared to AFC North teams. So, over the last dozen seasons, is New England really feasting on teams within their division that are weaker than the teams the AFC North champion faces in their division? That's the conventional wisdom, but I'm not so sure it's true.

And you can't get 7 wins in a division with only 3 other opponents. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Remember when we tried to take a chance on Rolando McClain and got blasted for it?

yeah.
    What difference does getting blasted make? You're going to whiff on some, but when you hit you can make up for always drafting at the ends of rounds. Are the Patriots getting blasted for it now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    ... NE gets 6-7 wins in division, only needs 3-4 more wins to take division...
    Since their division opponents are the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills, how can they possibly get 7 wins in "division"? I think your "addition" is incorrect... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Since their division opponents are the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills, how can they possibly get 7 wins in "division"? I think your "addition" is incorrect... Bc
    You'll have that....
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Your right, guess that's why NASA didn't hire me, Math was my downfall. Anybody have any female relatives single, I'm a glutten for punishment. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    wins can be misleading which is why I focused on playoff entries. Hypo:

Div A:
    10-6
    9-7
    8-8
    3-13

30 wins, 2 playoff teams

Div B:
    12-4
    8-8
    8-8
    6-10

34 wins. 1 playoff team.

Which is the tougher division? I have to pick the one that sent two playoff teams.
    Div B is tougher. It had more wins. It had a better "best" team, and a better "worst" team. That Div A sent two teams to the playoffs is a result of having a worse "best" team and a worse "worst" team. So the division runner up has a greater chance of splitting with the division winner, and a greater chance of sweeping the worst team in their division, and hence a greater chance of being a game better (in terms of WC) than the 2nd place team in Div B.

And this debate is regarding the comparison of the "best" teams in each division (i.e. that NE supposedly has it easier). NE simply dominating its division more than the AFC North's winner does, doesn't necessarily say anything about the quality of the 2nd thru 4th teams of each division. For that you need to see the records out of the division, and the AFC East actually has been better than the North most years (and since 2002, and since 2008, and last year).