Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: DeCosta Contacted to Interview for Dolphins GM

While it isn't out of realm of possibility that DeCosta could be overwhelmed with an offer, I believe (due to reasons in many posts above) that he will be staying with the Ravens. He may also think of the experiences of Phil Savage and George Kokinis vs. the warmth of his nest in Baltimore... Bc

Blog Entries

If Bisciotti was stupid enough to fire Ozzie after two mediocre seasons, and he isn't, there'd be 31 other teams
    lined up to sign him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    If Bisciotti was stupid enough to fire Ozzie after two mediocre seasons, and he isn't, there'd be 31 other teams
    lined up to sign him.
    Cleveland would have movers outside his office before he was done packing. I don't think Ozzie or Harbaugh is going anywhere for a while, unless this team has a Houston Texan like implosion. I really think he was talking about forcing changes on the coaching staff and the roster.

About Discosta: My understanding is that he makes GM type money to be the guy of the future. He has a sweat deal going. While I am not so foolish to think that there are not other jobs he covets and would bolt for, I think they are jobs that will never come availble because they are so good to have. The teams I think he would be willing to leave for dont fire their GMs because they win.

Blog Entries

Exactly.

Great line about Cleveland. ILMAO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Cleveland would have movers outside his office before he was done packing...
    LOL, problem is that the truck the Browns Moving Company uses only has three wheels... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL, problem is that the truck the Browns Moving Company uses only has three wheels... Bc
    Or the driver if that truck doesn't know his way out of town. SMH

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    DeCosta is GM in waiting here right? Hope doesn't leave.
    DeCosta's wife is also from the area and wishes to stay near family.

"LOL, problem is that the truck the Browns Moving Company uses only has three wheels... Bc"

Not to mention out of gas cause he never got his rebate.

Blog Entries

DeCosta always spoke to us at Nest 1 every year just after the draft and he said his wife was from here and he appreciated that fact because he was on the road a lot when she was pregnant with their first child but stayed with her parents til he got home. He felt good that they took care of her til he got back.

He told us the story of how he was supposed to watch Flacco play at Towson State. That was after his East Coast scout called him and said you have to come up here to Delaware to check this guy out. He's the real deal. Eric said he didn't even know anyone in Delware and it was so hard to go up there to give him a high grade from such a small school but he waited for Joe to come down here to play Towson State.

Eric said he just got back from a long road trip. It was a Saturday afternoon and he wanted to spend the day with his wife and kids but went to see Flacco. He said I saw a giant of a guy walk onto the field before the game pick up the ball and throw it 50 yards on a straight line and land it on a dime and he said, damn, I have to see this kid. Joe beat Towson that day and then Eric took all his couts to see Joe beat Navy. He came from behind too. They went back to the office and each scout handed in a grade in a sealed envelope. They were all As and he said we went to work on Flacco.

Eric started off saying I'm note so sure we would have drafted Matt Ryan even if he fell because of all the work my staff did on Flacco.

On a side note, David Modell while middle age, married a gorgeous blonde cheer leader.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-11-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Blog Entries

... Eric started off saying I'm note so sure we would have drafted Matt Ryan even if he fell because of all the work my staff did on Flacco...
    I have nothing to back up my feeling, only my (expending) gut, but I don't believe that for a moment... Bc

Blog Entries

On a side note, David Modell while middle age, married a gorgeous blonde cheer leader.
    Question: Why do millionaires marry hot younger women?
    Answer: Because they can. Rich trumps old and ugly every time.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I have nothing to back up my feeling, only my (expending) gut, but I don't believe that for a moment... Bc
    :word