Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: C.J. Fiedorowicz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1N65H9w-XM

I don't think he's a game-changer like any top NFL TE, but 4:40 and 5:45 is why you draft CJF.
    The vast majority of his routes at Iowa were the 3-5 yard variety. If you get the guy down the seam or out to the corner then he can shine. Needs to develop his lower body though.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

He runs a 4.4? wooow, I like this guys upside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Find a big fast basketball player and convert him
    The Ravens already have a "three point shooter" in Justin Tucker... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He runs a 4.4? wooow, I like this guys upside.
    NoNoNo lol....4:40 is the time stamp for the video!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I'm with bmorecareful in thinking a guy like Fiedorowicz would be valuable to the offense but someone of similar skill (minus a couple of inches) could probably be available in the later rounds.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I'm more with Bmore as well.

In no way am I opposed to CJ, but I'm not quite the fan that some others are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

So, I watched a lot of Ebron tape this afternoon.

I can totally see why some would want Baltimore to take him, even at 16/17. His upside is pretty incredible and his knack for the big play is outstanding. He'll really go up for passes too.

He is basically a 6'4" 240lb receiver. He runs really well for his size and he is very quick in and out of cuts.

One thing that I don't like is that he catches a lot with his body. Other than that, he may be the closest thing to a Vernon Davis type of TE that I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I can totally see why some would want Baltimore to take him, even at 16/17. His upside is pretty incredible and his knack for the big play is outstanding. He'll really go up for passes too.

He is basically a 6'4" 240lb receiver. He runs really well for his size and he is very quick in and out of cuts.

One thing that I don't like is that he catches a lot with his body. Other than that, he may be the closest thing to a Vernon Davis type of TE that I've seen.

Are you worried that he tends to get a case of "Ed-Dickson-Syndrome" every once and awhile? Dropping the easy pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco Machado View Post
    Are you worried that he tends to get a case of "Ed-Dickson-Syndrome" every once and awhile? Dropping the easy pass?
    This is my read on Ebron's drops: I don't think he has a "terminal" case of drop-itis. The way I see it, there are basically 2 types of drops: concentration drops and dexterity drops. If a guy can often make difficult and contested catches with his hands, but sometimes seems to drop easy passes, that is probably a concentration/"looking in" problem. Guys can be taught to look in passes better and not take their concentration off the ball.

The other kind of drop is due to a dexterity or coordination problem. Some guys are just plain not capable of using good catching techniques because of a lack of dexterity. When you watch Ed Dickson for example, he just doesn't have good dexterity. He lets the passes come to him and tries to palm them instead of snatching them out of the air with his fingers. This is why Dickson very, very rarely makes a contested catch or a bullet catch, and why so many passes bounce off his hands.

That is my personal take on Ebron, and admittedly I may be too lenient on him, because he is one of my favorite prospects in terms of skill-set and upside, so I could be minimizing his flaw too much.

Blog Entries

... I can totally see why some would want Baltimore to take him (Ebron), even at 16/17. His upside is pretty incredible and his knack for the big play is outstanding. He'll really go up for passes too.
    Question : If he's fundamentally a BIG WR, and at 240 lbs may not be a great blocker, then why not just use our 1st round pick on a WR? Would you pass on Evans, Lee, or Matthews for him? I'd like to know your (wicked) and BigPlayReceiver, and others opinions on my query. Thanks... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Question : If he's fundamentally a BIG WR, and at 240 lbs may not be a great blocker, then why not just use our 1st round pick on a WR? Would you pass on Evans, Lee, or Matthews for him? I'd like to know your (wicked) and BigPlayReceiver, and others opinions on my query. Thanks... Bc
    I can't support burning a 1st rounder on an excellent athlete that has trouble catching the football...and we still (like many prospects year-after-year) have no idea how NFL contact will affect his psyche/hands. He's very attractive and was one of the 1st guys I watched back in Aug/Sep. Love, love, LOVE his feet and long speed, but I can't do it.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Who is the most complete TE in the draft with the best hands?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore