Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Why didn't any report ask about Jim Caldwell?

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    It was curious that the question wasn't ask. It seemed that most of the questions were in reference to the O line (rightfully so IMO). Harbaugh did mention however, when he declared that Castillo would be the O line coach this year, that everything else was in flux at the moment. Also, IMO, I think they will give Caldwell all the time he needs to interview for HC jobs before any decision on his future as OC will be announced. So the way I look at that is there is still a 50/50 chance he could be back as OC if he doesn't land a HC job.
    They could give him the Marvin Lewis treatment. Remember Marvin ended up coaching the slurs defense for a year because the Ravens have Nolan his job assuming that Marv would get an HC offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    They could give him the Marvin Lewis treatment. Remember Marvin ended up coaching the slurs defense for a year because the Ravens have Nolan his job assuming that Marv would get an HC offer.
    Not exactly.

The Ravens had Jack Del Rio lined up to be the DC if Lewis left, but Marvin said he was staying...so they let Del Rio go to Carolina to be John Fox's DC...and then Marvin turned around and fell in love with Snyder's money. Lewis really screwed the organization when he left, imo. Fortunately, to Bilick's credit, he had another coordinator-caliber coach on staff in Nolan to step up.

iggyman555 Guest

i will cry really hard if caldwell is back

iggyman555 Guest

btw why are we not interviewing possible OCs? not even 1...

Blog Entries

When Harbaugh said that everyone is in a state of flux, did he mean the defensive staff as well? They haven't exactly been very supportive of Pees through the media lately I've noticed, and Ozzie seemed a little pissed about the way the defense performed despite its ranking.

Answer A- We'd love to have him back, and we are monitoring his progress as he interviews for HC roles and wish him the best, but we hope we can bring him back for next season. - Committing to him.
    To which my follow-up question would be: WHY??? The offense was in the bottom 3rd of the league in virtually every category across the board. Why would you "love to have him back"?

I wish more reporters would ask hard-hitting questions, instead of the usual fluff/softball questions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Not exactly.

The Ravens had Jack Del Rio lined up to be the DC if Lewis left, but Marvin said he was staying...so they let Del Rio go to Carolina to be John Fox's DC...and then Marvin turned around and fell in love with Snyder's money. Lewis really screwed the organization when he left, imo. Fortunately, to Bilick's credit, he had another coordinator-caliber coach on staff in Nolan to step up.
    Gotcha. At the time the Ravens tried to make it like it was a mutual decision. What you say makes more sense and explains a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    When Harbaugh said that everyone is in a state of flux, did he mean the defensive staff as well? They haven't exactly been very supportive of Pees through the media lately I've noticed, and Ozzie seemed a little pissed about the way the defense performed despite its ranking.
    I thought Ozzies comment about attitude was interesting. He talked about the defensive players being to tentative and how guys are afraid to try to be the guy to make a play. Basically saying the D wasn't aggressive enough. That was a direct shot at the bend but don't break philosophy that we talk about with Pees.

Blog Entries

The media dropped the ball on this one. They should have asked the question. It doesn't matter if it would have been spun or even not answered. This is their chance to ask the tough questions and they blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He was referring specifically to the offense at that point. There were a few comments about the D not being able to get off of the field in late in games but no mention of coaches.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Not exactly.

I remember that! Marvin Lewis was back and forth on that one. Once Snyder sent the helicopter to pick him up that was it. He told Art Modell he was staying and then turned around and left. I also Remember Modell bitching about it to the Sun.

Blog Entries

I wish someone would have asked if they are looking at OC candidates. They have to be, since he could be hired by someone else, or they already know he won't be back regardless. Surprised no media leaks have linked the ravens to any OC names.

Whoa! I think we're looking at this all wrong. The real question that should have been posed is who exactly is running this Ravens offense? Last season with the elevation of Jim Caldwell to OC, we saw a freed Joe Flacco running an uptempo offense that aggressively attacked the middle of the field to great success. This season, we all witnessed a muted offense with a cuffed Joe Flacco rarely attacking the middle. Surely there must be something or someone clogging a system that worked so well when Caldwell was given the free hand to run the offense. Until that problem something or someone is identified, it won't matter who the OC is, the root problems with this offense will persist.