Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Why didn't any report ask about Jim Caldwell?

Who else found it annoying that any of the reporters didn't ask probably the most important and pressing question lol? I would have liked to hear what Ozzie had to say about that as usually he's pretty honest. With the announcement of Juan Castillo as the OL coach, one has to wonder if we're going to fully commit to the ZBS, which could mean getting Kubiak or Kyle Shannahan or someone in that tree.... Or does Juan Castillo keep the same MBS? In which case, we'd probably be better suited to pursue someone like Norv Turner.

This is all assuming that Caldwell wont be back....

Blog Entries

Re: Why didn't any report ask about Jim Caldwell?

What would you really expect them to say? He wasn't going to throw Caldwell under the bus if asked.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

No but usually if you read between the lines, going by history of what the FO has said and what occurred after, you can get a good idea of what direction they're going.

Answer A- We'd love to have him back, and we are monitoring his progress as he interviews for HC roles and wish him the best, but we hope we can bring him back for next season. - Committing to him.

Answer B- We are happy with what Caldwell has done with the offense since taking over, and are constantly monitoring his progress has he interviews for a HC role. We are evaluating other options going forward. - Implying that he's pretty much gone.

Jeff Zriebec (Sun Reporter) mentioned that he wanted to but time ran out. I person thought it'd be the first question asked.

Also, it was noted in the Sun that they've been running a ZBS since Harbs got here and have only increased its usage since Leach arrived. Rice had his highest rushing totals in it. Castillo really didn't tweak much.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 01-08-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Blog Entries

It wouldve been so simple to ask if they're speaking with JC about a new contract. Yes, they would've answered in 'coachspeak' but that's OK. You can learn something from the response anyway

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think in a round about way they did address it. I feel like the Ravens are going to wait for the coaching carousel to stop spinning before they make any other changes. Let's be honest about it, all those big name coaches that we have discussed on this board, none of them are coming here.

Blog Entries

Caldwell isn't under contract.

So, really isn't much to ask IMO.

Harbs kind of laid it out there anyway saying that other than Castillo as the OL coach next year, every other coaching spot on offense was up in the air.

I took that as a clear sign that they're going to see what their options are elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Why didn't any report ask about Jim Caldwell?

They're not exactly rushing to re-sign him.

Though I'm not ruling out the possibility he will be back either.

Very odd times for this team right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They're not exactly rushing to re-sign him.

Though I'm not ruling out the possibility he will be back either.

Very odd times for this team right now.
    I'm not sure what to think right now, I just want to come on this forum and see that the Ravens are looking at least somebody for the OC job, and that Caldwell wont be back.

It was curious that the question wasn't ask. It seemed that most of the questions were in reference to the O line (rightfully so IMO). Harbaugh did mention however, when he declared that Castillo would be the O line coach this year, that everything else was in flux at the moment. Also, IMO, I think they will give Caldwell all the time he needs to interview for HC jobs before any decision on his future as OC will be announced. So the way I look at that is there is still a 50/50 chance he could be back as OC if he doesn't land a HC job.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

It seems like they're looking for better options but he may be a plan B. I hope the better options work out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think they want the decision to be made for them