Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: Why didn't any report ask about Jim Caldwell?

Yeah I sure would like to have an experienced play caller who has a feel for the ebb and flow of the game. But barring that, they have to put the control in the hands of Flacco.

It's one thing for a guy on the sidelines to look at a laminated sheet and call a play. It's another thing for Flacco to get everyone to the line, survey the defense, and make the call. If they're going to promote Hostler, they have to turn the reins over to Flacco IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If the Ravens had to replace Caldwell, I wouldn't be surprised if they promoted wide receivers coach Jim Hostler, the only assistant who has experience as an offensive coordinator. General manager Ozzie Newsome raved about him this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah I sure would like to have an experienced play caller who has a feel for the ebb and flow of the game. But barring that, they have to put the control in the hands of Flacco.

It's one thing for a guy on the sidelines to look at a laminated sheet and call a play. It's another thing for Flacco to get everyone to the line, survey the defense, and make the call. If they're going to promote Hostler, they have to turn the reins over to Flacco IMO
    I don't think Flacco is that good at reading defenses from the line. Don't get me wrong I like him and am glad we have him but I see him audible a lot of times then the play feeds right into the strength of the defenses call. I think he is easily fooled by looks at the line.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Calvert View Post
    I don't think Flacco is that good at reading defenses from the line. Don't get me wrong I like him and am glad we have him but I see him audible a lot of times then the play feeds right into the strength of the defenses call. I think he is easily fooled by looks at the line.

He's not going to improve by having them call run, run, short pass, punt.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

iggyman555 Guest

:word

we really need a QB coach. stuff like that should not be a problem after 5 years

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Mr. Humphries! Are You Being Served? I actually remember this episode and scene!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

No matter what you expect the man to be or think he is now, there is still plenty of time and room to grow. Push for growth, in reference to Joe Flacco.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The one thing that puzzles me about Joe and/or our offense are these blitzes that come off of the corners unblocked. There should be some protection schemes for that where he could change up at the LOS. It goes back to the Polamalu blitz in Baltimore that cost us a game. It's like he knows it's coming but can't do anything to prevent it. Frustrating.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Where is Jim Zorn when you need him!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    Where is Jim Zorn when you need him!
    Or Bert Jones.

By the way, love the avatar. Popeye was my childhood favorite.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis