Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Pennsylvania man files motion against the NFL, claims Steelers should be in p...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They said there'd be a draft penalty. They didn't say we'd swap with them. That's message board talk.
    a reshuffle, is what i believe was said. Regardless, that would benefit us more than likely.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    FTFY.

The minute the Bolts knocked the Stealers out of the playoffs, most everyone who happened to remember the Yinzer-Hokey-Pokey said to himself, KARMA! & any support for further sanctions against the Tar&Urine collapsed like a punctured balloon.
    If there was any chance of the reshuffle, it probably went wide right with that kick. Since they didnt make the playoffs, nor the Ravens I cant see it happening.

I didnt see how a draft pick should have been in play to begin with but that did come from the league.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Re: Pennsylvania man files motion against the NFL, claims Steelers should be in playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Cmon man. If you hate the Steelers, it's totally fine. I do too.

But when you start bashing Pittsburgh, you are making Baltimore look even worse. Pittsburgh outshines Baltimore badly, and the distance is widening. Pittsburgh is a city on the rise, and Bmore is heading down the toilet quickly to the point that there are very few livable areas anywhere. There is simply no comparison to the quality of schools in Pittsburgh compared to Baltimore. None whatsoever.
    Joke. Get it? Haha...

Re: Pennsylvania man files motion against the NFL, claims Steelers should be in p...

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    a reshuffle, is what i believe was said. Regardless, that would benefit us more than likely.
    I never heard "reshuffling" either except by fan speculation here.

The purpose of the penalty wasn't to reward us. It was to penalize the actions of Tomlin.

Rewarding us by a reshuffle hurts other teams that were not involved.

Blog Entries

The purpose of the penalty wasn't to reward us. It was to penalize the actions of Tomlin.

Not that I ever thought they'd actually penalize the Steelers, and I never thought it was swap picks with us.

How do you think they would penalize them?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not that I ever thought they'd actually penalize the Steelers, and I never thought it was swap picks with us.

How do you think they would penalize them?
    My guess is they will take away a late round pick since they didn't make the playoffs.

Had they made the playoffs, my guess was going to be move them back in the draft order.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Just curious, but do we have any legal beagles out there who know enough about the Federal laws to 'splain if this guy has any standing to actually "qualify" to bring such a suit? For one thing, my understanding is that a "plaintiff" needs to have some sort of standing, or be qualified/certified, to file stuff like this. Plus, I can't imagine that it's without cost to bring such a suit.

Another thing is, if this suit is allowed to proceed, as others suggest, where does the line get drawn for what is contestable? This sounds like whole can o' worms to me....

Blog Entries

My guess is they will take away a late round pick since they didn't make the playoffs.

Had they made the playoffs, my guess was going to be move them back in the draft order.
    I don't think the league will take any further action due to incident not impacting the Ravens playoff chances. JMO. Rooney has publicly stated that and informed the league that they will appeal any further discipline. You can read story here.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201401090178

Re: Pennsylvania man files motion against the NFL, claims Steelers should be in playoffs

But when you start bashing Pittsburgh, you are making Baltimore look even worse. Pittsburgh outshines Baltimore badly, and the distance is widening. Pittsburgh is a city on the rise, and Bmore is heading down the toilet quickly to the point that there are very few livable areas anywhere. There is simply no comparison to the quality of schools in Pittsburgh compared to Baltimore. None whatsoever.
    Um. Ouch. Plenty of great prep schools in Baltimore county too...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    I don't think the league will take any further action due to incident not impacting the Ravens playoff chances. JMO. Rooney has publicly stated that and informed the league that they will appeal any further discipline. You can read story here.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201401090178
    IIRC, Belichick appealed his sanctions as well. Doesn't mean anything.

I am just going on faith from what the league said -- that they would receive a draft penalty and they were simply waiting to see how the draft order was determined before they announced what that penalty will be.

Blog Entries

a reshuffle was proposed by one of the "insiders", which one im not sure (schefter?). It wasnt just fan driven. When I say reshuffle, thats not a swap with us. Thats moving the steelers back i the draft, which benefits everyone theyre moved behind.
    -JAB

It may be on the rise, but Baltimore has many areas to live in. What school in Pittsburgh compares to JHU? History gives Baltimore the edge too. Believe what you want, but Baltimore has been right there with the future. Pittsburgh is still a good city, slowly catching up with the problems all cities have. Don't fool yourself about Baltimore, all great cities have drug, crime, and social problems. It's part of being a big city.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    What school in Pittsburgh compares to JHU?
    Duquesne, Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    History gives Baltimore the edge too. Believe what you want, but Baltimore has been right there with the future. Pittsburgh is still a good city, slowly catching up with the problems all cities have. Don't fool yourself about Baltimore, all great cities have drug, crime, and social problems. It's part of being a big city.
    Yes, Baltimore has the same issues as other cities. Just a LOT mote of them.